1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
487 Posts
I saw this and my tourance's are wearing out need tires, Is this a good tire?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how to answer that. I was looking at Michelin Anakee IIs that would be about $350. I can have these Shinkos delivered for $162.

They're not Michelins (or Bridgestones or Contis or Avons for that matter) but lots of dual-sport riders seem to like them. And for the price, you can afford to try them. I understand they are more dirt-oriented than your Metzelers or the stock Trailwings.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I want more dirt type of tires, I do ride a lot of pavement but getting in trails more and more lately

·
Registered
541 Posts
I put Shinko 705s on my old bike and they where excellent. I had no complaints at all. I did a web search before I bought them and they seemed to get very good reviews. Of course these where mostly from people who where comparing them to a less expensive tire than people here seem to be used to but I liked them. They made the flaws in my bike's antique suspension obvious.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have seen quite a few of these Tires falling apart/separating ,sorry at this point i would not put them on my golfcart :thumbdown:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I thought the ones separating were the bias ply 705's. The new radial 705's have supposedly fixed that issue. I can't say this for fact because I have not had these tires but I have read that on a couple different dual sport treads.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm on my third set with no issues, just happy with the performance and wear. Adding a set to my shopping cart as we speak! Thanx for the heads up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i cant specifically comment on the Shinkos.

I just replaced my rear Tourance tire at 19 000 km, which, for a bike tire, is pretty good. I considered others, but I'm happy with the performance so far.

I continue to buy my tires from Revzilla and have them shipped to Niagara falls, where I pick them up.

best deal around.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I,m on my second set with no problems. The bike handles well on twisties too ! :thumbup:

edit: Stll on the first front and second rear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put the Shinkos on in March, now some 10K later they look like new. Grip is good in dry and wet -- I don't off road, though. Bit on the noisy side -- the tread is aggressive and makes for that 4 wheel-off-roading-jeep sound, especially at slow speeds but at highway speed much less noticeable (also in cold weather more noticeable than in hot -- I don't put my bike away for the winter, am committed to riding each month... :)). I think they're a good tire and a great one at that price!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I haven't been an advocate for off brand tires in the past but at this price I could be easily convinced.

Shinko-705 110/80-19 (Front) & 150/70-17 (Rear), October Sale - Aviciouscycle.ca
Popular knowledge, or opinion, on this site is that the bias ply Shinko 705 are likely to have problems such as block separation, whereas the radial version are less likely to have them. (as mentioned by Oldschooler).

Please check the site, as it seems the ones on sale at Viscious Cycle are the bias ply ones.

I'm having to buy new tires in the spring, and am considering a Heidenau K60 rear and a Continental TKC-80 front as a drastic change from the Michelin Pilot Road 3 tires (the Trail version) that I have ridden on and worn out (the rear anyway) and have liked very much this year. I could just be very broke in the spring (as often happens after my insurances are paid and the taxman takes his bite), and the Shinko 705 radials would then be a viable option.

Marc

·
Registered
326 Posts
705's

the price is great, until you factor in the shipping

motorcycle-superstore ships free & my new rear was just 89, from them

as for the quality of the 705's, my experience w/ my 1st set convinced me to buy a 2nd rear after 6500+ hard(not into the wear bars yet, but getting close enough for my safety), loaded miles in all kinds of weather & conditions

just my 2¢ worth

sw

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the price is great, until you factor in the shipping

motorcycle-superstore ships free & my new rear was just 89, from them

as for the quality of the 705's, my experience w/ my 1st set convinced me to buy a 2nd rear after 6500+ hard(not into the wear bars yet, but getting close enough for my safety), loaded miles in all kinds of weather & conditions

just my 2¢ worth

sw
Take note this thread is posted in tha Canadian area, eh.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like them

Bought front and rear radial 905's from - American Motorcycle Tire for $163.72 shipped (free) to Niagara USA, the cheapest price I found in the web. But you have to pick them up there, a warehouse near the border will charge 6 bucks to receive and keep them there for you.
A bit noisy at lower speeds, OK in the Hwy, cornering is good, I like them so far, less than 1000 km on them now.
Gonzalo

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bought a Set

Picked up a set from A Vicious Cycle (saved the $22 in shippihng)
Date stamp on them was 10-34 and 10-42, so they are 2 years old.
Will install and see how they work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts