StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have done the muffler mod where you take out a small bit of the baffle and I must say I love the sound of it. It gives it a nice bark without sounding too loud.... ANYWAY.

I have noticed a very small hesitation on take off once and a while, I assume due to the change in back pressure in the exhaust system. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, I heard someone has something called a "Spark Arrester" but I have no idea what that does.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks in advance.
Jon

·
Vendor
4,696 Posts
A spark arestor is just a perforated plate or more often a screen intended to catch hot carbon that my blow out the exhaust and start a fire. they are required for all motorcycle used in national forests. Forest rangers check for the presence of a spark arestor by inserting a rod into the exhaust. They expect to meet resistance within a certain depth of insertion.

They are designed to be as free flowing as possible, so not likely a solution to your problem.

I expect you are a little lean at and near idle now. These bikes are a little lean anyway fro the factory and now yours is a little leaner. Either live with it or install a FI controller like a PCFC or similar.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Is your clutch switch working as it should and do you notice any difference between a hot or cold motor ??

·
Registered
620 Posts
If it gets worse, you could look at the fuel filter. Mine started giving me problems at wide throttle openings, and got worse as it continued to clog.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never had a starting issue, Wide open throttle pulls hard the whole way with no hesitation. as for tps setting, I have not checked that yet, the clutch sensor is working as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts