StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Found this. May be able to use an OBD scanner to read codes on your bike.

Not sure on all of the specifics yet. :unsure:

• Converts Suzuki 6 Pin Connector (SDS) to 16 Pin OBDII Connector
  • Allows use of CAN enabled OBDII scan tool (not included) to read and erase codes (Some OBDII scan tools also have the ability to read live data from the bike)
  • Works with 2017+ Suzuki Models

Just a FYI..

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it's just a simple harness it seems pretty overpriced. It only uses 3 of the available wires, you can buy a female obd2 connector for 1~2$, the SDS end appears to be a ISO/DIS 19689 connector, probably also available pretty cheaply. After a bit of googling I found the following pinouts.

32127__OBD-Adapter_Euro5_6pin__04_1040x0780.jpg img_182_zpstb7eo74m.jpg (credit to OBD II - V-Strom Forum Nederland)

Shouldn't cost more than a couple bucks to make it yourself. But keep in mind you probably won't be able to do maintenance such as throttle body sync, etc. I have a HealTech OBD tool, which I used for the tbs. Quite happy with it OBD Tool (OBD) - webshop.healtech-electronics.com.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heal Tech probably works good too. $240 bucks USD. Was thinking about that too. But can't justify it. Yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd say it's only useful if you need to do a tbs, at least on the 2014-2018 model. It's also able to display a bunch of live data from pretty much any sensor on the bike.

·
Registered
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT Adventure
37 Posts
I use an OBDLink LX along with Motoscan software specifically for BMW MC. The OBDLink LX has a free Android software but I think it only works on autos. What software is used for Suzuki MC's? Or will only certain ODBII readers work?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well if you didn't want to roll your own, this is a bit cheaper.

Or ebay...

·
Registered
702 Posts
I bought an OBD setup to lower the tire pressure thresholds on my Cummins Ram. I won't cruise empty with 80psi and I really don't want to see a warning light until it's below 30psi. I went ahead and ordered the eBay one, just to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts