StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be replacing my chain this season as it is getting to the point where it does not hold its adjustment very long, about 800mi or so . I have a scottoiler to install, and I'm wondering if the combination of this and a standard chain would be a good move. My thinking is that the oiler will keep the chain's internal parts wet with oil and so as to make the o-ring chain redundant.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Do non o-ring chains even exist anymore?
I use a scottoiler and swear by it (O/X ring chain); I expect it to last close to 100,000kms.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Hi, No, O-Ring or X-Ring Chain is pretty much relegated to off road dirt bikes today,

You want to use latest Generation X-Ring Chain with our bikes, They accept and retain the lubrication so much better than even o-ring chains of the past,

If you would like me to give you a quick call to briefly discuss the attributes of the chains and your needs with you just Email me Directly at [email protected] with your contact phone number and I will be happy to give you a quick call and help you out,

Let me know whenever you are ready,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
I tried a standard chain with the scotoiler on my SV650

the chain lasted about 12k, about 1/3 the milage I got with an o ring chain at about 1/3 the cost

BUT considering it wears a couple sprockets as well that you don't save money on and the inconvienence of replacing more often, it's a no brainer, stick with an o-ring chain

fwiw, I'm still runnin the original non o-ring chain on my '82 XV920R, 60k, haven't had to even adjust it in over 30k, the advantage to enclosed chain

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
61 Posts
non 0-ring chains

They are hugely popular. Find them inside enclosed places, like inside engines, in oil baths, connecting crankshafts with cams. They last virtually forever in enclosed oil bath environments. They cost a bit more than cogged belts at the OEM level.

For when exposed to weather they are very old school. Cheapo approach. Don't do it unless its a static display model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts