StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a recent purchaser of a 2009 Wee Strom and an avid reader of the forum. I haven't seen a whole lot coming from members in the NYC area but I imagine they are hiding somewhere. NYC is not exactly the holy grail for ADV bikes but it certainly can be adventurous!

If there are any NYC/NJ/CT riders out there who would like to connect for group rides, meets or anything really....post!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm around and commute everyday from Brooklyn to lower Manhattan.

Seems to me, especially having just spent a week up north in Maine, NH, etc, that NYC doesn't have much pavement left. Potholes, gravel, cobblestones, and construction.

I'm getting wary of riding the Vstrom, much less a sports bike!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya about the roads. Pretty typical for the NY metro area in general. I havent ridden yet in NYC, but in Jersey City its not too bad but you've got to be careful

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in Brooklyn with a '12 Mostly ride on weekends. if we can keep this thread alive till spring we can do some rides. Does anyone go to bike night at the Ear Inn in Manhattan on thursday night? It is ADV dominant

Mitch

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've done the Pine Barrens twice last summer. Most of it is very powdery sand which my DL1000 was not fun on. However, there are a few hard packed trails that are a blast if you don't mind getting a little wet. Fill up before you get there not a lot of gas near by. Pack a lunch and plenty of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Mitch,

i'm there almost every Tuesday.

There's also the International Motorcycle Show at Javits Center this weekend.

I'll be there at a booth for New York Motorcycle and Scooter Task Force

We have a discount code for tickets if you're interested in going: "NYMSTF" will get you $3 off, and help us retain good faith with the event staff, who donated our booth space.

-George

I'm in Brooklyn with a '12 Mostly ride on weekends. if we can keep this thread alive till spring we can do some rides. Does anyone go to bike night at the Ear Inn in Manhattan on thursday night? It is ADV dominant

Mitch

·
Registered
898 Posts
You guys should come to the

Northeast Strom Adventure 8/2 in the Adirondacks

Shameless Plug
That's not a shameless plug! What Stromtrooper wouldn't want to be invited to a V-Strom gathering in the Adirondacks? Looks like the number of attendees is growing, too. :hurray:

·
Registered
15 Posts
just talked to the wife will call tomorrow see what the camp ground has left for camping or the cabin camping looks like a good time,:yesnod:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Although I'm over here on Staten Island I haven't left the island yet because there is always some bridge that I have to cross to get " there from here" lol......I haven't screwed up enough confidence yet to deal with the winds etc. that are normally encountered over any of the spans from our island!! I'd love to do the rally upstate but its really too long in the saddle that is , frankly, a little to uncomfortable to a couple of hours straight. I've been considering buying a replacement seat. Such as a Corbin or Saddleman or Russell but I don't have enough info yet to decide what will be the best expenditure of funds for the " best" seat. John

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im a recent purchaser of a 2009 Wee Strom and an avid reader of the forum. I haven't seen a whole lot coming from members in the NYC area but I imagine they are hiding somewhere. NYC is not exactly the holy grail for ADV bikes but it certainly can be adventurous!

If there are any NYC/NJ/CT riders out there who would like to connect for group rides, meets or anything really....post!!
Hey DCourts,
I'm a new Wee owner and here in N. NJ and always up for a ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts