StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new '12 Adventure Sat. put about 150 mi. so far and wouldn't you know it its raining today. So started buying some farkles..just sent for a skid plate and radiator guard from enduro guardian...looking to get a fork brace but who makes the best one or are they all good??? probably next will be a seat ???? again, which one?? Broke my tail bone several years ago and still gets very tender sitting on hard chairs or that factory saddle on the strom, although have only sat on it for three hours or so, so far...Saddle men with channel look like it might take the pressure off the sore spot..Anybody out there have the same issue? Thoughts?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the Adventure Tech fork brace and am more than happy with the results. you can't go wrong with it and its the lowest price I've seen so far,just my opinion of course as its the only on I've ever had experience with. the bike was instantly cured of the issues I had with crosswinds and the wake from big trucks .I also am researching seat options…guess my butt isn't as tough as it used to be :)

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
If you search this site, I think you'll find that the Saddlemen seats get very favorable opinions - it's a great alternative to the more mainstream seats available. The channel is no joke - it works. Nothing will touch your tailbone, except if you slide all the way back and bang into the raised seatback (common on all seats).

My wife broke her tailbone snowboarding two years ago (fell over backwards onto her butt in the lift line, of all places!?!), and she still has problems. Those kind of things seemingly never heal, if ever. But, she's an avid cyclist, and she swears by bicycle seats with the channel, since she never has an issue with her tailbone problem while cycling (only when she falls on the trail and lands on her butt!).

I have a Richland Rick's brace that I bought off of some fellow Vstrommer in the classifieds. It made a huge difference to me when riding next to semi-trucks on the highway, and on dirt/gravel roads. Tightened up the front end so it feels super beefy now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just ordered a Sargent seat today. After 500 miles on my 2013, I declared the stock seat a killer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Another thumbs up for Richland Rick's Adventure Tech fork brace. I have no advice on the seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you want to save a little money you can try a Airhawk 2 Seat cushion. I love mine. The secret is to use just enough Air to keep you above the seat. Airhawk advertises a new questions asked return policy if you don't like the product...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys guys:yesnod: nice having a place to come and ask ????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts