StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Cool! But I would NOT want to be sitting on it when it's fired. It's gonna go backwards faster than it's capable of going in the other direction ;)

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
OK. Me being a tech head and a WWII junky, I need to explain this.

Thats mounted on there is whats called a "recoiless rifle" and as the name implies, it has little to no recoil. How it does this is using Newton's Third Law. For every action, there is an equal reaction. Most guns have the back end plugged, so the reaction is recoil. For a recoiless rifle, the back end is open. The recoil is cancled by expelling a lot of gas out the back, and the shell out the front! Its like how a shoulder fired rocket works. Fire out the back, rocket out the front. This graphic will help explain.

Now, with that being said, I would HATE to be the one BEHIND the scooter when it fires!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I could use that during rush hour!!!

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,616 Posts
Cool! But I would NOT want to be sitting on it when it's fired. It's gonna go backwards faster than it's capable of going in the other direction ;)
You'd be ok sitting on it, though it might get a little warm. :p But don't stand behind it. As noted above, it's recoilless and a lot of hot gas and burning powder comes out the backend. Just like on the old bazooka.

M

·
0 Posts
You'd be ok sitting on it, though it might get a little warm. :p But don't stand behind it. As noted above, it's recoilless and a lot of hot gas and burning powder comes out the backend. Just like on the old bazooka.
Or me after mexican food! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
99 Posts
This scooter is made for paratropers and it never meant to fire.

It is only made to carry the barrel.

However, if this is a Vespa - then it is a post-war scooter, Vespa's were produced since 1946. And Vespas where modeled after Cushman paratrooper scooters, used by Allies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts