StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who in the lower mainland wants to get together for an after work ride up to Squamish for coffee? Maybe join in on the nights that the BC Sportbikes crowd go up, that way I won't feel so lonely as the sole Strom representative. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How's construction on the road? I haven't been since last summer.
It's still ongoing and there are some rough spots, but it's doable. I drove it a few weeks ago on my way to Whistler for some skiing. I haven't ridden it yet this year, but I do know several riders who have been making weekly trips to Squamish and enjoying themselves.

I think the best approach is to watch the corners for debris and keep the speed down in the construction zones. Should still be a fun ride.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
The road is pretty decent. Just a few rough patches and occasional pot holes to be avoided. Saw a couple H-Ds so it can't be all that terrible to ride.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
The road is pretty decent. Just a few rough patches and occasional pot holes to be avoided. Saw a couple H-Ds so it can't be all that terrible to ride.
WW have you been north of Squamish lately? Any idea what the roads are like to Wistler or beyond?

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
V1Vr, haven't been up to Whistler since last fall before things cooled off. That could change if the weather cooperates. Of course just saying that will extend the cool weather a couple extra weeks.

·
Curmudgeon wanna-be
386 Posts
That could change if the weather cooperates. Of course just saying that will extend the cool weather a couple extra weeks.
Oh - it's your fault!

(Or is it mine???) I uncovered our Gunnera (big South American plant that needs to be protected from the cold) this past weekend, and what happens? FROST! We've already lost two plants to the winter we had, I hope we don't lose a third now...

Splat and I made it up to Harrison last weekend - it was a little cool by the time we got up there. (Lots of Harleys and Hayabusas on the road.)

Doing the route to Squamish in the not-too-distant future would probably be a good thing.

I just got a bunch of Timmy Ho gift certificates, so maybe I need to buy you a treat when we get up there!

- BCB.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Yesterday: Flurries. High -4
Today: Cloudy with sunny periods and 60 percent chance of flurries. High zero.
Tonight:Cloudy. Clearing near midnight. Low minus 15.
Fu**ing winter.:(

On the bright side though, it is supposed to go up to +16 this weekend so with a little bit of shovelling I might be able to get my bike out to the road:D

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Colin, I spent 60 years in and around Edmonton. Can't say I miss the winters.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Colin, went visiting on Gabriola Is. a few times in the 70's. Best part was leaving.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How about 5:30pm then at the Church parking lot off Taylor Way?

Does that work for everyone?

Anyone?

Anyone??

Bueller????

Anyone?????

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm interested in joining your ride.

(If one thous are allowed!)

I'll check back here for updates. I wonder if you start a new thread..maybe we'll drum up some more interest. Problem is "Hockey Night" I think at 7:30.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts