StromTrooper banner

How Do You Feel About Loud Pipes?

• I love them. A motorcycle should sound like a motorcycle.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I like them as long as they are not too obnoxious

Votes: 34 21.9%
  • I don't care one way or the other.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • I dislike them. They hurt our image too.

Votes: 67 43.2%
  • I hate them. The quieter the better as long as performance isn't hurt.

Votes: 37 23.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Loud pipes are by far the leading cause of anti motorcycle legislation and HOA rules.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
I certainly don't ride for your enjoyment, are you sayin you ride for mine ?

YES, it's all about me, and I call BS if you do things for the pleasure of others
Not for the pleasure of others but rather out of a sense of respect for others. I don't care to listen to someone's over-loud pipes (or stereo) and I would expect the same consideration from them. If you don't respect others, how can you expect respect from them?

Are you the sort that stacks up the fast lane behind you when you're in no great rush? Do you resist letting faster riders pass you? Just how much about you is it really? Is it necessary for dogs to howl and car alarms to go off for blocks around so you can feel good about your exhaust sound or is there perhaps some middle ground?

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
I set off a lot of car alarms back in my long hair, ape hanger straight pipe days. Today I like to hear them but not like I used to.

Reactions: Old Time Rider

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I certainly don't ride for your enjoyment, are you sayin you ride for mine ?

YES, it's all about me, and I call BS if you do things for the pleasure of others

Just looking at your "muffler" I know your bike is loud, like stinkin' loud.

Loud bikes are bad for the sport of motorcycles. They've led to all sorts of restrictions.

You don't have a right to have a loud bike. Others do have a right not to be subjected to it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
neither, don't care if people can hear me and don't care about horsepower, just like the sound

I live in the middle of a city and I abhor (you can look it up) any loud noises beyond the norm.
That would include Yahoos with booze, screamers, teenage supercar owners with aftermarket exhausts and bikes with open exhausts.
Be prepared to have a potato stuffed up your pipe.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I am a motorcyclist and I abhore loud pipes. They don't save any lives. They just piss people off.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
I would ban them in an instant if I had the power regardless of the bike. Loathing, disgust, hatred, disdain... how many synonyms can I use??? It's called NOISE POLLUTION for a reason. Like jet skis and snowmobiles. They are all created for reckless abandon to say "look at me", just like the majority of Harley owners. Watch the South Park episode. I can't sit on my deck for 30 minutes without the air being punctuated with the sound of Harleys and Squids to ruin my relaxation, especially group rides! My wish to them all is early catastrophic engine failure! Harsh? You betcha, but honest nonetheless.

I totally agree it's about enjoying yourself while at the same time respecting others. Win-Win. The arrogant, self-centered, egotistical, narcissistic attitudes are what has made this world what it is today. Deplorable. Just look at Trump as a prime example, president notwithstanding.

Be the candle that lights the way... not burns the house down. Do the right thing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Poll-69% against and 31% pro so far.

For the 31%, I wonder if they would support the rest of the biking community having their horns hard wired into the ignition so it stayed blaring the entire time the bake was running...you know, so cagers could hear us too?

Ridiculous...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm all for freedoms. Like the freedom from excessively loud noise where I live. There is a stop sign just about 100 yards from my backyard. On weekends it can get pretty bad. Lots of loud HD's around here.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts