Sounds like fun, count me in.

My Strom

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cpope said:
Any takers?
Let me know...
Any possibility of having something a little more southern and/or eastern than some of the previous gatherings?
A 5+ hour ride before gathering is a bit hard and makes for a very long day.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Make it a solid date and I'll schedule the weekend off.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nov 4th is the best time for me. This time of year we have softball tournaments for the end of the year and thats the only weekend open until 07.

If somebody can pick up and do one south of Orlando I would attend, even if it ment staying over night somewhere. Lets do what ever is easier for most of the riders. Even if a few have to come up/downover Friday night and stay over. I always have places to toss a tent, store bikes, shower etc. Hell I might even show you the town and buy some beer.

E-mail ma and I can show a route I have selected, but it is around Gainsville/Ocala area. I can't copy the route to the board.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Cool, I've never done that one. Charlie is going to keep us on the pavement, isn't he? :shock: :D

Rod

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Charlie, looks like a good route. I'm probably in for the ride. Just need to know what time from where in Williston for wheels up? I'm two hours away in New Smyrna. Good seeing ya the other day.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a breakfast place (sorry don't remember the name but have ate there before and good food) just west of 41 N on 27, on the south side of the road. Williston Fl. I will be there early so just look for the fastest color Strom, Yellow. haha. I will be there at 10am. Should be on the road by 11:15 at the latest. I riden the road several times and it is all pavement and great sweeps and a few good twisties. Not much traffic and a couple good spots to break along the way. Great place at the end for food and a drink or 2. So far we have

Charlie (Cpope)
tstrom and husband
Lou (motoxusa)
(My Strom)
David
Becky
Brian
JRShaw
RodK
Mike (subagon)
zuki1 newbe, but we won't hold that against you
A1A welcome
Winnie ane her BF on a HD, no problem

·
Registered
88 Posts
If any ride is organized in the Southeast anytime soon, I'll be there....Looks like we don't have a lot of active troopers in this part of the world... :roll:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Jean Marc.....There are a few riders down south, but we haven't had any volunteers to lay out a route down your way. If we can't get anyone from your area to lay out a route, I'll try to put something together early next year. I just finished laying out a neat route for December, but it's north of you. It starts south of Clermont and goes south to Lake Wales and then swings back north to the Clermont area. That's a little closer for you, but still a pretty good ride.

Take care and hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lou,
Its very kind of you to make a route for next year. I know we have a few troopers in the area, but most of them have serious professional commitment and do not have a lot of spare time. I am up for a ride to Biketoberfest if anyone is interested to ride along. I would like to depart on Thursday the 19th from Miami and spend the next two days there, leaving on Saturday morning before the big crowd comes-in. I do not have accomodation though, and that could be an issue... :shock:

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Jeanmarc;
Lodging should not be a problem as last 2 years all of the motels on US1 had vacancy signs out the entire event. Give me a shout and we can hook up. Sometime soon we are coming your way to visit Marco and Isa. Maybe next month or next. The 'crowds start' on Monday. CYA!!!!
Cell # 386-478-3049 or PM me here.

Charlie,the breakfast place you mentioned, is it on ALT 27? I've been map searching find roads to get to Williston and see that US27 goes north at Williston. Any help will be appreciated. If you remember the name even better. GPS is a wonderous thing. Looking forward to seeing all again.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts