StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I set up to be notified when someone quotes me? It's in my notification list
but I was wondering if I can set it up to be emailed so that if needed, I can respond?

Thanks

George

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
I get the likes and quotes notices but sometimes they are is missing info about who posted and subject. When I click on them they go to the thread in question though.
Might be a magic page where control of that info is. I dunno.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can I set up to be notified when someone quotes me? It's in my notification list
but I was wondering if I can set it up to be emailed so that if needed, I can respond?

Thanks

George
I've wondered the same thing. Can it be set to send you an email?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I get e-mailed when someone replies to a thread. I set it up so that I automatically subscribe to any thread I comment on and get notified when someone comments on subscribed threads. Quotes are a subset of replies. I am not sure that a specific Quote e-mail you get you anything better. If you quote me on this post, I will get notified or if you don't quote me by say, "Newride, you are full of it how do you respond to X". I get notified also.

Also, to me stromtrooper isn't the sort of thing warrants my dropping everything I am doing to reply immediately. Anything on stromtrooper can probably wait until I am on stromtrooper again. If you really need my immediate response you would probably send me a message asking for my real phone number or e-mail.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hey guys,

Yes, there is a way to get email notifications for when you are quoted. To enable this feature, you go to your User CP > left side at the bottom under User Tagging > Settings > last one on the list "Quote Emails" - be sure to check off that box and hit 'Save Changes.'

quotesnotif.jpg

Let us know if that works for you and/or if you need further assistance. Otherwise, enjoy the email notifications for your quotes! :)

Cheers,
Natalie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts