StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticing there's not many riders posting in from Texas, figured there would be tons more

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
They're out ridin'....:wink2:

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
I think that's true of every state. The site has over 49,000 registered members, and out of that number, I'd guess that no more than one or two hundred of them post on here with any regularity. Break that number down by the number of states and countries represented in here, and it doesn't leave a lot of posters for each region.

·
Registered
54 Posts
FAAAAAAAAAAAAR West Texas, El Paso TX. So far I am riding every day, 700 miles in 9 days. 9 days new and already getting it's first service.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Im in Dallas and I just got my vstrom 650 a little over a week ago. Already got 700 miles on her in 10 days. Are there any local groups on facebook for our bikes?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,144 Posts
I don't do much "group" riding. But maybe we should have a contingent from Texas ride up to next years V Strom rally!

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
My buddy in Odessa also with a V2 said it's not fit for man or beast outside there now. High of 101 F today. He is on my airgun forum but not interested in the cycle forum.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
DMC Motorcycles, Senor Jay Guise. I got a fork mod from him years ago that made the handling on my BMW/Ural rig very light. It pushed the stock forks out about 3". I could control one handed with a light touch on the bars, even in sidewinds.
I believe he's made a lot of good stuff over the years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's been a year since there's been a fresh post on this thread, so I'll join in. I'm in East Texas near Tyler and got my '14 1000 Adventure a month ago. Plans for any big rides are on standby for next year. Got a couple short trips for the fall, including a possible weekend in Arkansas when temps cool. I've already researched a bunch of tech from Stromtroopers since I joined. Shinko 705 tires, OEM vs aftermarket center stands, top case opinions, windscreen advice, etc.

Only Strom rider I know is in my local BMW club, has a Wee Strom and loves it along with his R1200RT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts