StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: 6 July - Will be selling, most likely well south of trade in value. Have to wait until the 9th to get pics then will post in For Sale Section. Locally it is in the Philadelphia metro region, northeast of city. If no interest - I'll be donating to a charity. If there is any interest feel free to contact me, I'll get info to you. I'm on a short time frame due to a job relocation. 2003 V-Strom, side/top cases, tall windshield, good exterior condition, Ive never had it off-road. More soon.

Hey Everyone, been a quiet member since 2013, I got my 03 Strom in 09. Anyway, taking ideas: served in AFG 2011-12-13, had my Strom prepped for storage by mechanic, been stored since 2011, indoors, the Yellow Bee color, top and side cases, etc, itching to get a newer model, even a wee. So do I restore old or just sell as is? I love the ergos on it, and the color, but, itching to get onto the new ones. Do I donate? Or sell for a song below trade in values? I was planning on new tires, clean the tank, carb, check all the usual things, lines, brakes, among other items, should be ok etc. That is it. Ride is in the Philly metro area. If enough interest I'll move this over to the sale thread, or attempt the restoration.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
sell as is

don't spend another minute or $ on it. Just clean the bike and post it for sale.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! You're Right!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Does it run? Why don't you get at least a trade in value and then see if you get a better price here. Old bikes are worth a lot to the current user and little when selling. Nobody wanted my well set-up 2004, so I keep riding it.

Also you need a bunch of good pictures to generate any interest I think.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. i'll be taking lots of pictures this weekend and getting them posted at the latest beginning of the week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts