StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is driving me nuts. been on a cage vacation since a week ago Saturday. oh, sure, visiting family and friends, but at the major expense of kroooooozin'...sigh. didn't think to bring my helmet in case of an opportunity to straddle iron.

not expected to arrive home til july 19. more sigh.

LOL. at least mrs sinsd is enjoying driving our new Subaru legacy.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Bummer, I hear you. I haven't ridden the bike in over a week, I dunked it in a swamp last weekend. At least you get a vacation, all I got was a long list of work to do on the bike.

·
Registered
15,625 Posts
Poor Stevie, stuck in a car.
Wifey complained because I went up to Newcombs yesterday morn for Brekky. So I took the car, Gawd forbid, and went to Chrystal Lake Cafe for brekky today., up Hwy 39.
Dues must be paid!

·
Registered
309 Posts
LOL Steve- hey we just got back from a trip to the Adirondacks (NICE place to ride and explore), plus a day trip to Vermont. I swear that's all we saw were Subarus! (Always with a roof rack and a kayak or canoe on top!). Here in Michigan, uh what's a Subaru? ;)

·
Premium Member
7,203 Posts
Think of it like a child waiting for Christmas day. Imagine the fulfillment of leaning into that first corner, the rush of accelerating up a freeway on ramp, the grin on your face. Soon. Soon . . .

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
too hot for me these days. Looks like Aug I will haul bike to Nova Scotia though. By time I'm home things will have cooled off a little.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, thanx for encouraging me.

Both of my folks are reclining, particularly my mom. Will probably visit them again in six months. I wish my dad would agree that they need to move to a care facility, leaving their home of 47 years....

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Poor Stevie, stuck in a car.
Wifey complained because I went up to Newcombs yesterday morn for Brekky. So I took the car, Gawd forbid, and went to Chrystal Lake Cafe for brekky today., up Hwy 39.
Dues must be paid!
That place looks really cool. My 'ol gal friend, just bought a house in Laguna Niguel and invited my out, when she gets it settled. I'll have to check it out, if I get out there this year. I'm still regretting not hitting that section of Ca., when I was on my big trip last year.

·
Registered
15,625 Posts
Gimme a buzz when in town, there are a few nice rides here. GMR is a technical ride. Hwy 2 is a nice jaunt.
Hwy 39 looks like some Italian passes but only the last few miles. Weekends suck, too much local traffic.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I did borrow a wheeler to help pull her out, but riding it back to where the bike was stuck seemed like more work than getting the bike stuck there in the first place.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
LOL Steve- hey we just got back from a trip to the Adirondacks (NICE place to ride and explore), plus a day trip to Vermont. I swear that's all we saw were Subarus! (Always with a roof rack and a kayak or canoe on top!). Here in Michigan, uh what's a Subaru? ;)
Those granola eating tree huggers love their Subarus (and Bernie LOL). Love the Adirondacks, and for riding, Vermont can't be beat. Hope you enjoyed your stay.:smile2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
I know how you feel. I had foot surgery on 30 June and my foot is wrapped until they take the stitches out either tomorrow or next week. The V-Strom is sitting on the patio calling my name.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Bummer, I hear you. I haven't ridden the bike in over a week, I dunked it in a swamp last weekend. At least you get a vacation, all I got was a long list of work to do on the bike.
A great reason to own two MCs!!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I feel your pain. Only worse, I had back surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago and won't be able to ride until Mid August. My Strom has maybe 150 miles on it this year. The good news is that I'm banking up quite a bit of PTO and will most likely be taking a 2 week m/c trip to TN and NC this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
Reactions: wingnut11
1 - 20 of 22 Posts