StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who might have the most miles without laying their Vee/Wee down. I've gone 33,500 miles so far without kissing the ground. I wonder who's gone 50, 75 or 100k without doing it.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I was hoping my wife would be going down before too many more miles pass under my tires!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Just curious who might have the most miles without laying their Vee/Wee down. I've gone 33,500 miles so far without kissing the ground. I wonder who's gone 50, 75 or 100k without doing it.
There's a thread here about superstition. I hope you're not tempting fate.

Me:

1500 miles in the dirt (bent luggage hardware, broken windsheild)

15000 miles high side on the road (bent forks, wheel)

40000 miles low speed drop (daughter training in a parking lot)

49900 miles St. Augustine Beach in beach sand (only cosmetic damage, but at this point, really?)

51000 miles low side on ice (frostbite, wish I was back at the beach).

I'll never be able to sell this bike here.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I was hoping my wife would be going down before too many more miles pass under my tires!
Dope usually works better than hope.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Lol my bike has been on its side more times then a cheep....never mind. My best and most resent was at the gas station. Didn't get the side stand all the way down. Bike falls toward the pump with me underneath it. I was laughing so hard I had a hard time getting the bike off of me. Service station attendent was rather shaken up by the event.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
stupid bikes

I own 2 bikes - they both like to fall over if one is not sufficiently attentive :headbang:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Am I the Winner ???

How about 116,000 miles without a lay-down !!!

OK, I cheated - - it was not my Wee, it was with my 1974 Kawasaki Z900.

Does it still count ????

R

·
0 Posts
I've been VERY lucky.
94 Suzuki 400 Bandit 90,000 kms
97 VFR 205,000 kms
05 Wee 25,000 kms
About 99% city commuting. There should have been at least a couple of wrecks in there but it wasn't my time.
As they say, it's more good luck than good management.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Me:

1500 miles in the dirt (bent luggage hardware, broken windsheild)

15000 miles high side on the road (bent forks, wheel)

40000 miles low speed drop (daughter training in a parking lot)

49900 miles St. Augustine Beach in beach sand (only cosmetic damage, but at this point, really?)

51000 miles low side on ice (frostbite, wish I was back at the beach).

I'll never be able to sell this bike here.
TM better knock on wood!!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
23 Posts
O mph tip overs mostly.

Lol my bike has been on its side more times then a cheep....never mind. My best and most resent was at the gas station. Didn't get the side stand all the way down. Bike falls toward the pump with me underneath it. I was laughing so hard I had a hard time getting the bike off of me. Service station attendent was rather shaken up by the event.
OMG that happened to me too! Pinned against pump. Guy at pump next to me helped lift it. Really freaks people out. Latest one at a hotel checking in where the bike was little too upright and just fell over on me. Guy getting into car said there is someone inside that could help me and went on his way. Most of my tip overs are going under 5mph or less. One crash on gravel road going 30mph resulting in broken foot on my KLR650.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Is this anything like skiing? If you don't fall your not learning anything new.
No drops on the wee but I spent over $500 on mirror glass alone on my BMW RT1100. That thing spends more time on It's side than a third term pregnant woman.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
My recent driveway tip-over occurred with 17k on the odo. I clipped my wife's SUV as I tried to squeeze by it, without going on the neighbor's lawn....I didn't make it! Fell in a pricker bush and some ferns. PWD crash bars prevented any damage - phew! Silly? Yes!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Does tipping it over (on top of yourself) while installing crashbars count?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ha! I bet I have the record or damn close to it. I went less than 100 miles on my Vee before a Honda accord turned left in front of me.

I had one tip over on my sportbike due to a user error induced side stand malfunction. Couldn't tell you when that even happened, but it was definitely a long time ago.

Had a crash on the sportbike back in 2001 and was doing great until that heat seeking Honda accord got my first Vee only a few days into getting to know her this spring.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Slow speed drop on a grass hill about 2 weeks after I got it, another low speed drop in a parking lot this week trying to tighten up my u-turn skills. That's what learning is all about right?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Cripes, I'm on the ground every time I ride. I'm not having fun otherwise.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
My wee fell of the sidestand once, but other than that, so far, it's been 30,000 kms without a drop.
I expect to go a long way with the wee.
My BMW has gone more than three times that mileage without taking a nap.

·
Registered
485 Posts
+1 on tempting fate.

I recently opined in another thread that I didn't buy into the "those who have and those who will" dichotomy. Tuesday, I dropped the Wee :headbang:

Mileage: 8850, more or less.
Fortunately, the only real damage was to my pride.

·
Registered
170 Posts

I swim at that beach every just about every other weekend and end up pushing a truck out of the sand just about as often. Aside from the drop, how far did you ride on the sand? Im assuming it was in the dry portion which as far as I can tell, is the only place they let you drive / ride. I think the wet sand would work but I never see the cones go anywhere near there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts