StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my centerstand and was wondering if any one used Twisted Throttles spring puller tool or if it was really necessary. They are back ordered 3 weeks and I don't really want to wait that long to install it. Can it be done without it? Your hints/tips greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Simple answer-NO I just used a phillips head screwdriver, stick the screwdriver through the spring hole and rest the tip on the tang where the spring attaches and lever it right on, I did it on the first try, piece of cake.:thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Coat hanger spring puller

I used a bent coat hanger wire with both ends firmly, repeat firmly, locked in large vice grips to form a 'U'.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Good sized flat blade screwdriver worked for me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Agree with the others...

I put an SWMotech centerstand on my Wee about three weeks ago and used a VERY LARGE screwdriver to pull the spring, it was very simple and took about 5 seconds, honestly. Hint: It must be a BIG screwdriver, for leverage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used a flat blade screw driver too. But I pushed the spring past the attachment and then removed the screw driver. I don't remember how exactly but I don't think I really leveraged it against anything. I think there was room to just push it past the the pin it pulls on. I definitely don't think you should get a special tool for it as others above attest.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I used a regular brake tool, it has a small divet in the end that rests on the tang and won't slip off as you're levering the spring on. Still a bugger though. My index finger still hurts where the spring popped it during one of many tries!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts