StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I was watching a great ride report, with many pictures. Something annoyed me, since theses pictures were, maybe 16 Mp, they are much larger than my screen resolution, and I had to always scroll to see different parts of the entire pictures . Anyway, since I am not very good to explain things in english, there are screenshot of what I see on my screen, and what I should see:

I see this on my screen:

The entire picture is this:

So I guess I should be able to configure some option to resize too large picture in that forum.
I went to options:

And tried many configurations here:

But whatever the configuration, it does not change the way I see thoses pictures on my screen.
Am I missing something?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue is not with picture I post but with picture I view.
I dont know how to explain then. (did you miss something in the first line off that post? (Today I was watching a great ride report, with many pictures.)
I tried to show that when I saw theses (excellent) RR: http://www.stromtrooper.com/ride-reports-route-sheets/209777-ar-ak-2014-a.html
All the picture are maybe 9 times my screen resolution so I have to always scroll my screen.

·
38,048 Posts
I get it now. The full size picture is that big. The image viewing options do not change the size except the site shrinks large pics to something manageable by default. If you click to see the full image, you get the full size image and have to scroll around. It can be in the same window, a different window etc., but the size of the full image doesn't change. You get the small image or the full image, nothing in between.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you click to see the full image, you get the full size image and have to scroll around.
My problem is, I get the full size image and have to scroll without to click on it. So in that ride report, I had to scroll in every of the (near hundred?) images .(See the 2 first pics on my first post, it was every time like this.)

·
38,048 Posts
I use the default image settings. When it is loading, I see a picture bigger than my desktop until it finishes. Once it finishes, I see smaller pic that says on top, "This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image." If I click the bar, I get an image bigger than my desktop along with scroll bars. As long as the original picture is larger than the viewer's desktop, that's what happens. I do wish people wouldn't post such huge pictures.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... When it is loading, I see a picture bigger than my desktop until it finishes. Once it finishes, I see smaller pic that says on top, "This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image." If I click the bar, I get an image bigger than my desktop along with scroll bars....
Yes I remember now, that's the way I had it before.
So now I know it's a browser problem that I have (Google Chrome).
I just tried with Windows Explorer instead, and everything back to normal, large pictures are resized.
Something happened with my Chrome because it was resized in it too, before.
Thank you GW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts