StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of what happened to Enumclaw last weekend I was thinking we should have list of members who can be called on in a emergency and what kind of help they can provide !!.
What say you all ??.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So any ideas on how to do it??.
I have no problem with posting my phone # and email.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm in. I will probably need the help in the future so might as well collect my karma points early.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I'm in. For those with SPOTs a few members E-Mail could be added.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Since there is already a forum for exactly the purpose stated, I've moved the thread there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
In addition, Spotwalla has location pages that will show the last position and status for anyone that signs up. You can see all the current Location pages under a button on their home page: ADV Riders has one, S-10 guys have one, and I set one up doe Christian SDV Rider. It was pretty easy, I think just an email to them, then everyone sign themselves up as they want. Works with Spot and DeLorme, and Bubbler and SW Connect on iOS and Android.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Since there is already a forum for exactly the purpose stated, I've moved the thread there.
Pat, while the Travel Registry section has a good and useful purpose, the intent of this particular thread is much more narrowly focused, limited primarily to the PNW states of WA, OR, ID. It is about collecting contact information for riders in our region only, not the broadly focused:

"Travel Registry Help a brother (and sister) out. If you are available to help your fellow V-Strom owners if they are in a situation while trotting the globe, put as much information here to help them as you wish."

If you place the thread outside of our region, it will greatly limit the number of regional viewers and riders exposed to the idea who may otherwise be willing to contribute contact information. Besides that, the contact information shared may well not ever be shared on the 'net; rather, a group may simply exchange information over PMs and email, to then store that information however they choose.

Please reconsider this.

Thanks.

·
38,048 Posts
The thread title takes care of the regional issue. This forum is specifically about the issue. It stays here. I have frankly gotten fed up with regional bias. This is an International forum. People need to check the issue before the location. Notice just about all the threads here are regionally titled. This is the place for the issue.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Then why do we have regional sub-forums at all?

And the thread title does not take care of the region, especially if we're International as you state. I see nothing in the title about Pacific Northwest Rescue List. It could be Northwest Aus, GB, Canada, what have you.....

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok,Well I guess I will just reach out by PM to the local riders and we can exchange contact info that way.

·
Registered
774 Posts
This is unfortunate.

·
38,048 Posts
You guy's realize there are now 16 posts in this thread you thought nobody would find? Just start putting the information in.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Clicking New Posts will do that......

Anybody that wants to exchange contact info with me that hasn't already, shoot me a note directly at rob dotmatsonatcomcast dotnet.

By the way, the path is now clear. :mrgreen: Went through the whole stretch today no problemo. :hurray:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts