StromTrooper banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Well, the bike is crisined now. I'd say broken in, but I don't like the sound of that. And it's not broken, at all. I'm not even bruised.

134 to High Rock Bay was too rough for me. Not sure what happened, I think the front wheel got up on a big loose stone, and the stone split.

Failure sucks, but not sure why I'm surprised by it. You think of be used to it by now. But I tucked my tail between my legs and turned around.

Oh well, so is well. On Brokway mtn now. Beautiful, and the weather is perfect. If you can't enjoy a day like this, not sure you can enjoy anything.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
What a great day, despite dumping the bike. Took a nice swim at Pt Isabella.

Then obligatory pics at the Gay Bar

And I walked around the old stamp mill at Gay.

Now I'm off the road for the day. Gonna walk over to The Library, I'll probably take another picture of another martini there 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Well, I made it home. I'm getting soft, 375 miles about did me in. Drama for the day was a bottle of bourbon emptied tself in my top case, so I had some cleaning to do.

I may post up some more details and pics from my camera later.

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
The fear is real! My Vee is the clunkiest, ugliest, least well-put-together bike I've ever owned, and gets compliments from nobody, ever; exactly the opposite of most of the other bikes I've owned...much to the dismay of the "performer" in me. Sad!

And yet...I've never had more fun on a bike. Period.

Such a wierd thing!!
Heh, I fear I'm a "performer" as well. As it happens, I did get a couple "nice bikes". One from a guy on a Versys. Perhaps the only uglier bike?;) But he had a cute blonde on the back of his, so he did have the last laugh. All the "nice bikes" were from people under 50. Very strange. On the Bonneville they tend to come from the 60 and over crew.

I too had a ton of fun on the V-Strom. I like it quite a bit, and it won't be going anywhere. I'm a fan.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts