StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its called the Sheetiron 300. Put on by Oakland Motorcycle club, this past weekend. 500 entries, fire roads, single track, some Hwy, back roads, and city streets. Started in Stoneyford, ca. Small fishing/rodeo town north of Cache Creek, off Hwy 5. Heads into Mendocino National Forest, to Ukiah/Willits. Then either Low gap road from Ukiah, or Sherwood forest road out of Willits to Ft Bagg. F---ing awesome! Watch out on Low Gap Rd for washed out section halfway to Calpella. Had a spectacular get off infront of friends(only hurt pride!), my buddy Shawn rode the Vee like a trials bike through the obstacle, including the downed tree! Very dusty, knobbies helps, but not needed. I ran a Karoo2 on the front at 24lbs, and an Anakee2 out back at 22lbs. Wished I ran a Karoo out back though, as the gravel over hard pack was like riding on marbles! The rest of the trip was a total of 600 miles for me. The route takes us into my favorite spots: Cow mountain, Elk mountain(middle creek), etc... All info and maps found on OMC website, enjoy brothers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts