StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I know there are a few of you who live in the Northern part of CA, so I am willing to plan a get together for those interested. I am in the Bay Area, San Jose area and would love to get some Strom riders together. I have a lot of experience in planning rides and great locations. Let me know if a one day, two day or longer would work for you all.
Feedback from other CA riders VERY welcome, also. Ride safe, Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I am up for a one or two day ride. Midweek works best, but I am probably the minority on that. Several weeks in advance if a weekend ride is in order, would be apppreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A day ride sounds great, the longer the better. One of my favorite day rides this time of year is head down the coast to Cambria, over Santa Rosa creek, thru Paso Robles to 229, back north on Indian Valley and 25.

·
Registered
662 Posts
::raises hand::

Whadya have in mind?

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's going to be sunny and 70 all week long, and of course I'll be stuck at work from 8:30 to 5 every day. :furious:

I'll be starting up my annual Sierra Pass Opening Watch soon, though. :)

A li'l jaunt down Skaggs might be nice...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Group Rides

Ron,

I live in Fairfield. I will be 65 in August.

I have 2008 DL1000 that just turn 20,000 miles. On my 4th back tire and 3rd front.

I have a partner (64) who also has 2008 DL1000.

We ride all year long mostly Lake, Sonoma, Marin counties and the delta.

Our group is Breakfastriders.org. We have some VStrom riders in the San Jose Area too.

Always looking for good rides but my partner and I do not enjoy freeway traffic or destinations that require freeway riding.

I am new to this site.

In May (23) our little group will be riding to LaHonda with luch at Alice's.

This Sunday (21) is our 2nd event of the year. Ride to Jackson via Rio Vista, Ione for lunch at Jackson then around Lake Pardee on the way back.

Let me know what your plans are.

Frank

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in

I live about 60 miles outside of San Fran on highway 80 heading east. I am up for a half day ride to full day ride depending on the direction. It takes me about two hours to get to San Jose. I'd love to meet up with fellow V riders and shoot the brease. Have put 100K on several bikes and have 11K since July on my new Vee. If we where going out for a couple of days I have always found it enjoyable to end the first day at a motel where restaurants are close
at hand. I really would enjoy meeting and swapping stories with the locall Vee riders.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ride

Is anyone availble mid-week? Or an evening meet and greet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I might be up for a mid week ride...I was thinking Santa Cruz or La Honda ride, What (where) do you have in mind? I am taking off right now for a quick ride to the Santa Cruz Summit.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to take charge and pick a date / route, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Far North?

If any of you fellow V Strommers make it up as far as Humboldt County...post it here...I'd love to jump in and tag along for a day... I am in Fortuna, Ca and as a newbie...still getting used to my new V strom & looking for a day trip..I could make some great recommendations in this area.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts