StromTrooper banner

621 - 634 of 634 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Phillip
I have not! You are more than welcome to head west and join me.I even have accommodations for you and your lovely wife.
I promised myself to take more trips in 2015. Life is short. Just had a friend pass at 57 from a cardiac arrhythmia, way too soon. Hope to hook up with our mutual riding friends for a great 2015!:hurray:

·
Registered
22,259 Posts
Hey Chirosyd. Have you ridden the dirt roads in the NW of the Adirondacks? They look promising.

pmk
I have not been in the specific area of your photo in recent times,(went to college at Paul Smith's about 45 years ago) but have been right up to the edge of that area. within the past 5 years. As I recall, there are not a lot of thru roads, many roads going into camps on leased land, sometimes gated

best way to attack it is a full tank of gas and don't be afraid to turn around,

I have a nice paper map of the Adirondacks that folds out to about 5 feet square, about 25 years old, out of print, I should get is scanned, it's a valuable resource

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
439 Posts
best way to attack it is a full tank of gas and don't be afraid to turn around,
Nice!

Something I don't quite get yet about the Adirondacks is that in Basecamp they show dirt roads as parallel dotted lines and then something called "Alleys" which are in white. What the heck are alleys? Basecamp seems to think they're rideable, but with what, a camel? ;)

Any idea what these are?

·
Registered
898 Posts
What the heck are alleys? Basecamp seems to think they're rideable, but with what, a camel? ;)
A camel??? I'll speak for ChiroSyd on this one. There's no camel-riding in the Adirondacks, silly! (Oh...and BTW....how does one make for a larger image when posting pics in here?)

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
A camel??? I'll speak for ChiroSyd on this one. There's no camel-riding in the Adirondacks, silly!
Hey BabaAus ~ How was your trip to Syria? Any camel riding? :) hahahhaha

I'd gladly give ChiroSyd some gpx tracks for him to test out that will get him hopelessly mired in the middle of the Dacks, wishing for a camel!

(Oh...and BTW....how does one make for a larger image when posting pics in here?)
For larger images you'll need to get a photo-hosting service like flicker or some such and then embed the photos.

pmk

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts

I'd gladly give ChiroSyd some gpx tracks for him to test out that will get him hopelessly mired in the middle of the Dacks, wishing for a camel!

For larger images you'll need to get a photo-hosting service like flicker or some such and then embed the photos.

pmk
Phillip,
Please send me what you have. A friend just gave me a Zumo 550 ( he purchased a new 1200rt which comes with a gps already hard wired installed).
I can map out any dirt roads, and check them out between now by car, and in the spring on my Vee2. Come spring, you guys are more than welcome to head up this way and ride with me. Rich was asking if anyone knew of dirt near Old Forge for N.E.V.A. 15. I am not, and this is a tough this time of year to do that in person. This is a work in progress.
And by the way, I have ridden camels in Israel. Awesome for the first two minutes. After that, the ride feels like my first car as a teenager, a P.O.S. called the A.M.C. Hornet:yikes:

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I must be traveling with the wrong crowd. I don't have any friends with Zumo 550''s, :thumb down: you lucky duck! (or should I say, camel?) :thumb up:

I've taken Route 3 across the northern tier of the Adi's. There are some nice sweepers along there...

·
Registered
898 Posts

pmk
Just preparing to blend in when *they* show up in Boston. :yikes:

As for signing up with a photo-hosting service, I'll just add that to the list of stuff I have to figure out how to use: Galaxy S4, Zumo 660, Roku, Facebook, Chrome, digital camera, VCR. I guess I can cross that last one off the list, huh?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just prepa
As for signing up with a photo-hosting service, I'll just add that to the list of stuff I have to figure out how to use: Galaxy S4, Zumo 660, Roku, Facebook, Chrome, digital camera, VCR. I guess I can cross that last one off the list, huh?
Hey Syd ~ If you're getting a Zumo, you should download and learn Basecamp so you can plot out your routes. I'll send you a couple of GPX's I've been eyeing out.

If you have any problem, I'm sure Aus will help you out.

:)

pmk

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Phillip,
Thank you. I will download the files and do my best. I am sure we will all be in touch. Looking forward to a great 2015 riding season. I have made a promise to myself to do more trips, and will spend the winter planning them.:thumbup:

621 - 634 of 634 Posts