StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is ever looking for someone to ride with, my sked is usually pretty good on the weekends. I live in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek area and am definitely a newbie at 51 yrs old (never too old!). New to V-Strom and new to riding. Took the MSF course, got my license and have been enjoying EVERY minute I can squeeze in to ride. Since I bought my bike in Nov 2009, I've tried to absorb as much information / knowledge as I can from forums such as this, ADV Rider, etc. in addition to riding experience which is so much fun. My wife has even learned to deal with the "farkle fever" I have acquired and the UPS/Fedex deliveries which was a huge step for her. Anyway, anyone interested in riding sometime don't hesitate to let me know.

·
Registered
389 Posts
ckellyne,

I am in Woodstock. Available most weekends and sometimes during the week.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woodstock Strom Rider

Sounds good, if we can get a break from this lousy weather we've had for what seems like EVERY weekend lets connect for a ride. That would be great.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Road Dust - great...I'll keep an eye out on that thread as well. thanx!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm in Buford, near the Mall of Ga.

I try to do the Cerohala Skyway and the Dragon a few times a year. It's a good combo and it can be done in 2 days w or w/o passenger.

I prefer w/passenger :thumbup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buford Strom Rider

I'm in Buford, near the Mall of Ga.

I try to do the Cerohala Skyway and the Dragon a few times a year. It's a good combo and it can be done in 2 days w or w/o passenger.

I prefer w/passenger :thumbup:
I haven't ridden Cherohala Skyway "yet". I'm planning to attend the V Rally at the Ironhorse in Stecoah, NC May 13th thru 16th with a friend of mine. My first rally, looks like fun and should be an cool experience! We're talking about riding the Dragon on the way up and back since it looks like it is on the way. Should work out well. I need to change out my tires soon on my 2006...has 8k miles and my buddy said it would be better to get some new skins on now. The OEM's have tread, but the rear tire thread has seen better days. Don't want to risk it. I'm going to put on a set of Metzeler Tourance's...that seems to be the overwhelming tire of choice on the forums since all my riding is "street" right now and it apparently can do some gravel off-road (within reason). Thinking of having the guys at Moto400 change them out. Seems like a good shop there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cherohala Skyway is an easy one day ride. You can even add the Tail of the Dragon and still do it in one day. Lots of good roads up in the area.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, I'd be up to hit Cherohala Skyway anytime if we get a break on the weekend weather patterns without the rain. Since I'll be hitting the dragon in May for the rally, I'll ride that one later in Spring.

·
Registered
202 Posts
+1 on another local guy. Two years into riding, I still consider myself a newbie. I ride sometimes with the Southern Cruisers but would really like to meet up with other Stromers. Already have my reservation for the Ironhorse in May. Post in Ga G2g for any upcoming rides.

Thanks,
T

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wayah Rd in NC is another good ride. It is only about 6-7 hours round trip from our area, which makes it good for short days.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
+1 on another local guy. Two years into riding, I still consider myself a newbie. I ride sometimes with the Southern Cruisers but would really like to meet up with other Stromers. Already have my reservation for the Ironhorse in May. Post in Ga G2g for any upcoming rides.

Thanks,
T
Great, we'll definitely have to connect well before the rally to do some riding. We're going to head up Thursday May13th but haven't nailed down the details of time yet, etc. Maybe the 3 of us (and any others interested) can ride up if the sked works.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MadMaps Cycle Routes for Southeast

Wayah Rd in NC is another good ride. It is only about 6-7 hours round trip from our area, which makes it good for short days.
My wife bought me some "MadMaps" which are awesome for x-mas that covers the southeast region which has specific cycle trip loops mapped out throughout the southeast region. I'll bet Wayah Road is on one of the loops...I'll check it out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm usually up for a ride as well. I am self-employed, so riding on weekdays are no problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sunday, Feb 21st 1030am Meet up Riders Hill

Guzziknight and I are meeting up at Riders Hill in Dahlonega at 1030am today (Sunday, Feb 21st) if anyone else would like to join us. It is going to be another BEAUTIFUL DAY to ride!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
May see you there today -- or in the park. Coming from ITP, by Lake Lanier, then up 400.

Black K3
Black Bell Star
Black Remus Revolutions

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live near Acworth, just got a new to me 2003 Vee. I would be interested in meeting up with riders in local area.

Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts