StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a Wee for some time now and found an 06 w/ 35k miles on it. I haven't been able to look at it yet, but the seller claimes that it is in like new condition. He is asking $3000 for it, which sounds reasonable, but I'm a little concerned about the miles. I know that several of you guys have well over that on your bikes, but I'm wondering if I would be farther ahead to spend the extra $1500 or so for the same bike w/ around 10k miles. Thoughts?

·
Registered
707 Posts
My 2011 now has 10K miles on it and I still consider it like new. Though I am not qualified to comment on your inquiry, I wouldn't be afraid of a Wee in the condition you specify. Look it over good, for leaks, broken wires, cracked tires, etc. Ride it if you can, have him ride it if you can't. Listen to the motor and check the fluids. At that mileage, it ought to still be a very good bike. Oh, and offer him $200 less, just on priciple, see if'n he'll counter at $100 less. Then buy yourself something new with the hundred you saved as a present for getting such a great bike! Good luck!

·
Registered
14,169 Posts
I'm amazed at how little people are willing to pay for a good product..
Why not suggest he give you the bike and few thousand dollars for your bother. Oh and get some decent hard bags too.
Kelly blue book for an 06 is $3950.00
I would wonder more about the condition of an older bike with few miles. Has is set and dried out? Are the seals going to leak like a sieve? Has the fuel system gotten all gummed up? Are the tires 6 years old and cracked?
A properly used bike is a lot better off.

·
Registered
180 Posts
45K miles on my 2006 right now, I bought it with 8K miles on it. Runs just as good, if not better, than the day I bought it. Assuming maintenance has been done (valve checks for example), I wouldn't think twice about the mileage.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
I'm with Dwayne. If that bike hasn't been crashed and has routine maintenance done on schedule, grab it! It might need normal wear items replaced...tires, chain, brakes, none a deal breaker. When you get it, plan on replacing all the fluids, and if you don't have documentation of it being done on schedule, get the valve clearances checked. Ride. Enjoy.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,148 Posts
As long as the engines starts right up, sounds good, responds good I would buy it with or without a ride if I were in the market. That is how cheap $3000 is for an '06 Wee with that mileage is. If it sounds good, the valves are ok but I would ask about have they been serviced. Plan on a valve check and possible adjustment. If the appearance of the bike is good without obvious damage/scratches it is a VERY good deal. Even if it needs chain/sprockets, tires, tuneup you will not spend a whole lot there and then you will have bike ready for anything anywhere!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been looking for a Wee for some time now and found an 06 w/ 35k miles on it. I haven't been able to look at it yet, but the seller claimes that it is in like new condition. He is asking $3000 for it, which sounds reasonable, but I'm a little concerned about the miles. I know that several of you guys have well over that on your bikes, but I'm wondering if I would be farther ahead to spend the extra $1500 or so for the same bike w/ around 10k miles. Thoughts?
If you don't buy it....lemme know, I'd be interested for sure! And, no an extra $1500 is not worth the lower mileage, imo.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I bought my 06 eighteen months ago with 32,000 on the clock for $3,100. It had quite a few farlkes on it already, but it had been dropped on both sides. I thought it was a pretty good deal. If the one you are looking at has been maintained and it looks like new, grab it. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If the bike is in proper working order, that's a real good deal IMO, as these bikes when properly maintained have proven to go well in excess of 100,000 miles and more with no moor issue. Again, if it's in good working order I would not hesitate, and I'd jump on that first thing in the morning before someone else does! :fineprint:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts