StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post this here too......

Hello from the U.P.

I've been lurking for a few months. Finally purchased a Wee. A yellow '08. My BIL owns the dealership, so I got a great deal. The shop is farking it up right now. Shouldn't need anything at all when I pick it up.

Thanks to all you guys and gals. I've been fence hopping over the wee for months. I've gone from the KLR and Tiger, to the Bonneville, and Bandit, to Ulysses, to GS's and KTM's. I always came back to the Strom. So I just threw up my hands and surrendered to the collective

I haven't ridden in a real long time. Used to ride dirt as a kid. An XR250. The planets have finally aligned and the time is right to get back in to biking.

So, all you Michiganders have a willing accomplice way up top. Looking forward to the snow melting

-Jim

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Shouldn't need anything at all when I pick it up.

-Jim
Ha!

That'll last about two days if you keep visiting this forum!

Welcome, and enjoy. I, too, cannot wait for the dang snow to melt. Dry roads and temps above 20 are enough for me...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi JimB...welcome to the collective.

I got my 05 Strom 1000 last spring and totaly LOVE that bike. Best $ I have ever spent. For the last year its all I can think about. I Just love riding it.

I have been an avid dirtbiker for as long as I can remember (Im 39 now) and since Ive gotten this bike all I want to do it ride it. My poor little CRF250x sits neglected in the shed most of the summer.

So wecome to the fray...I hope to get up to DA UP this summer on the srom for a good wander around. Maybe well meet up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YZman, PM me when you're ready to head up this way.

I'm taking the Riders Edge course at the Muskegon Harley dealer in at the end of April.

·
Registered
175 Posts
well hell you need to give me a shout then. Thats just down the road from me. Im in Muskegon about 5 miles away from where they do that.

If your staying overnight here either camping or whatever let me know. My wife works at Fishermans landing campground just down the road from the training course. She can hook ya up. Or heck..I have a pop-up camper in the back yard that your welcome to.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Welcome JimB!!

Is The Back Door still in business?? Oh, my head hurts just thinking about it:twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks YZman, I'm taking the family down to GH to visit grandma and grandpa, taking the course at the same time.

Thanks for the offer though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome JimB!!

Is The Back Door still in business?? Oh, my head hurts just thinking about it:twisted::twisted:
Yep, it's still there.

That part of my youthful lifestyle has been curtailed greatly :rolleyes:

My head hurts trying to remember a weekend in Victoria, I still can't remember the name of that great little blues bar :twisted:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks YZman, I'm taking the family down to GH to visit grandma and grandpa, taking the course at the same time.

Thanks for the offer though.
Gonna head to GH and watch the dancing sprinklers with the bluehairs??? :mrgreen:

I work in Grand Haven. Down at the south end near the theater.

well give me a shout regardless. If nothing else I can head down to the training area, point, take pictures and laugh at the silly yuper riding around in circles... :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gonna head to GH and watch the dancing sprinklers with the bluehairs??? :mrgreen:

I work in Grand Haven. Down at the south end near the theater.

well give me a shout regardless. If nothing else I can head down to the training area, point, take pictures and laugh at the silly yuper riding around in circles... :p
I used to work in the town too. Where do you work? Always looking for an excuse to get out of the inlaws house :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I used to work in the town too. Where do you work? Always looking for an excuse to get out of the inlaws house :)
Harbor Industries south of town. I sit in a cube all day punching a keyboard wishing for death :mrgreen:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Harbor Industries south of town. I sit in a cube all day punching a keyboard wishing for death :mrgreen:

Dilbertville.......:(

I sit a desk too, although the job is never routine, I would love to have another job that didn't require a user name and password :rolleyes:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, decent pay and good bennies too....

I can't complain too much, I get a lot of days off because I work 12 hours shifts.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Welcome JimB... glad to have a fellow Trooper in the area. I live over here... (looking North from Iroquois Point )...

If you ever see a grey Wee waiting in line at the U.S. Customs approach, that'll be me, on my way to Weir's to pick up a package (visits to the Back Door have long lost their appeal for me).

I've done a bit of riding along the shoreline highway over there (from Bay Mills to Whitefish Point) but would be interested to hear of other interesting rides in the area.

- Martin V.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Martin, I was just in your neck of the woods before the snow flew. Hiking up and down the Sand River leaf peeping.

PM me if you're heading over to this side......eh :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts