StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very slick install! Can one expect any interference if using a magnetic tankbag? Is your system weatherproof? I see no security measures, aren't you concerned about theft? Are you satisfied with the volume level of the voice prompt feature? Have you noticed any glare from the sun on the GPS display?:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is sensitive to magnetic fields, I originally installed it at the bottom of the screen and as soon as the key is turned on the servos on the gages causes inaccurate readings.

I have yet to come across rain but the unit remained secure for 300 miles even in stiff cross winds.

Very worried about theft with this unit. However it does come with a quick release mounting system and is small enough to fit in your pocket when going in to your finer establisments.

The voice prompt is lacking on this particular model but it does come with features I have yet to find on any other model. It has a built in road surface and shock analysis system. If the road is in disrepair or your shocks are too stiff it displays a series of small bubbles and froth at the top of the display. It also has a 3 dimensional inclinemeter that shows you your exact lean angle, wheelie angle and helps you get the bike perfectly level when checking oil.

So far glare has not been an issue.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ha ha kewl. I had installed one of those stickum Compasses on my R11GS once and the dang thing spun so much that it turned to dust inside the plastic bubble. I still grin when I think of that experiment gone blah.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
But that has a built in problem. If you are on the North pole, every direction you take will read South. Then what???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts