StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Just bought an 09 wee last Thursday based on reading reviews and trolling through forums.
I've only ridden it home from the dealer which is about 6 kms and I know I'm going to love it. The comfiest bike I've ever ridden.

I recently traded a ktm smt for the new tuono so I knew long trips were out of the question.

I bought the wee with some good stuff on it. Crash bars, heated grips, steel panniers, bash plate, center stand, fender ext and a couple of other bits I can't recall.

My Wife and I are doing a 3000km trip in a couple of weeks.
I'm really quite excited about loading it up and getting away.

I've already learned a few things from reading the forum. Seems a good place to spend some time.

Thanks.
John

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome to the party!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did the same thing. I was looking for a bike for me and the wife to get away on. After reading all the positive stuff on there about the Wee and not any negative. I bought a leftover 2011 without any test ride. Now after riding it some I know I made the right choice. I have also learned so much on here about the Wee from all the great people who make up this forum.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
If the roads are rough, you made a good choice.

Are you native Aussie? If so where were you born?
Where are you presently residing in AU?

....whoops asking too much personal stuff.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jeff.
My Wife rides an fz6 and had her first turn on the Tuono on the weekend, so I don't think we'll be doing too much 2 up touring.
I'm glad she likes the Tuono. It gives me a break from having my back smashed on bumpy roads. I'm sure she'll love the wee.

We're going on a short (200k ish) ride on the weekend before we go away in a couple of weeks to try it out.

There are no native aussies ozart. Even the Aboriginies came from somewhere else. I was born here though.
I live about half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast if you know where that is.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
There are no native aussies ozart. Even the Aboriginies came from somewhere else. I was born here though.
I live about half way between Brisbane and the Gold Coast if you know where that is.
Thanks for the correction.
Yes, I know where that is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You are going to like two riding together on the wee. My wife and I sold an FJR for this little diamond in the ruff. The seat is more comfrtable for her with no vibes in the left for from the shaft drive. I read a lot about these bikes before looking at them. We actually sat on one together in a dealership for about a half hour or so talking to the sales rep. I hope he wasn't too mad we didn't end up buying from him..LOL Good luck with the new wheels and I would love to get my hands a Tuono as a second ride some day. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts