StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent a private message to a list member who had an item advertised for sale. Looked in my Sent Items folder a day later and there was no evidence of me sending a message. I checked my options and I do have the box checked that says "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Item folder". Didn't hear back from the seller so I sent another pm. Same results, nothing in my Sent Items folder and nothing back from the seller. I also have the box checked to alert me via email when some one sends me a pm. Since I am not getting copies of sent messages into my Sent Item folder, how can I confirm that I am even sending messages rather than simply thinking that I am? The Sent Item thing use to work in that I do have two old saved messages in that folder, but it does not appear to be working any longer. Thanks.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I don't think that it becomes a sent message until the other person actually reads it. Maybe he does not visit that often.

Coops.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
You need to check the box in your profile to save sent messages. It's off by default.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have the box checked that says "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Item folder". Is there something else?

·
38,049 Posts
I reset your profile to make sure. Try sending me a PM and see if it appears in your out box. I'll reply to it when i see it. When you send a PM, you can check the box for

Request a read receipt for this message

to make sure it's been read if you want.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GreyWolf, hope you are still following this thread because at 9:20p last night I did send you a private message per your instructions. I checked my Sent Items last night and nothing. I checked again this morning, still nothing listed as sent and no reply from you. I'll be off line all day today but will check in late this evening. Thanks.

·
38,049 Posts
I haven't received anything. Are you sure you're selecting private message and not visitor message? I just sent you a PM to check that side of things.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GreyWolf, I'm home earlier than planned. Received your pm. I sent reply, did you receive it?

·
38,049 Posts
Got it.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts