StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I need help. I am addicted to the right grip. I've been trying to ride nice and get good mpg, but the throttle always seems to be pinned, and the tach hovers between 5500 and 9000. Maybe I should have bought a Vee?

·
0 Posts
Yes, maybe so...but being an owner of a Vee...I can tell you this much:
If POWER is your thing, neither of these bikes are THE ticket.

I'd suggest a Hayabusa...or ZX-14.

I'm just sayin...

BTD.

·
Registered
615 Posts
What's wrong here? You love flogging your 650. Have at it! Good, harmless fun. If you had a supersport or literbike, then you'd have problems my friend.

Flog away. It is more fun to hammer a lower power bike than it is to tiptoe around on a more powerful bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Flog away. It is more fun to hammer a lower power bike than it is to tiptoe around on a more powerful bike.
Now that's just it.... Who sez he could tiptoe around it ? I sold my Bandit because I could not !! I kept imagining how many citations were in my future. I find myself gazing at the VFR800. I hope I have the sense not to get one. Sure, it is a flexible sport touring platform, but probably just too fast for my weak self control ;)

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that's just it.... Who sez he could tiptoe around it ? I sold my Bandit because I could not !! I kept imagining how many citations were in my future. I find myself gazing at the VFR800. I hope I have the sense not to get one. Sure, it is a flexible sport touring platform, but probably just too fast for my weak self control ;)
You're absolutely correct!
I went riding with a friend that has a Hayabusa, and when we switched bikes it was the same thing... pinned throttle. I'm a hopeless speed junkie.
Let me tell you... when you pin it on THAT bike, everything around you gets blurry. It's a lot of fun.
Maybe the Wee is the right bike for me... or maybe I should get a Ninja 250. Those bikes should have a go / no go switch instead of a throttle.

·
Registered
475 Posts

I'm just sayin...

BTD.
I would LOVE a new Connie.... But I would loose the license real quick. ;) Yes I know its no Busa but it does run the same basic engine as the ZX-14 and would still be be cranked WAY too often.

I already lost the license once a long time ago on a old Honda900 thanks to a roadblock and a heavy wrist.:bom_furious3: (clocked at 235km/hr on the 401)
I don't want to go there again.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I imagine that would be some cheap fun. Those things handle so well, even stock... no weight at all.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think I need help. I am addicted to the right grip. I've been trying to ride nice and get good mpg, but the throttle always seems to be pinned, and the tach hovers between 5500 and 9000. Maybe I should have bought a Vee?
i have the same problem however i'm glad i got the 650 cause it's fast enough to be fun but slow enough to keep me out of trouble

·
Registered
87 Posts
I hear you brotha! :) I found I got way too comfortable way too fast with the DL650, I dont know why, but I feel like I can drift it, I'm always wide open.

-Steve

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Uh oh! I just traded this . . .

for this . . .

Are you implying I could be in trouble? Yikes! :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Uh oh! I just traded this . . .

for this . . .

Are you implying I could be in trouble? Yikes! :D

Whistler, I believe we need a full explanation for this behavior -- why, how much, how long, when, -- to determine the extent of the problem. In the meantime, enjoy! :D

·
Registered
953 Posts

I'm just sayin...

BTD.
Concours14! Its a ZX-14 with luggage and an adjustable screen. :D

I still love that bike for pure street sport-touring duty, but if you add up the costs to own/maintain/ride that bike for 3-years... woooweee! *ouch*

My other bike is a 1200, but she's going bye-bye. Loved that bike too, but there just isn't anything it can do that the Wee can't do having just as much fun doing it, and then plus some, so its starting to make other bikes feel redundant until you get to the extreme specialized niches. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts