StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a digital voltmeter which reads 14.0 volts at normal cruise with the low beams on. When I press the momentary highbeam ( yellow ) button the voltmeter drops to 12.6 volts. When I put the highbeams on steady with the low/high switch the voltage reads 13.9, I wonder why? No big deal, just curious.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The low beams are 55W each and the high beams are 60W each, not much difference. When you are running low beams and pull the yellow button, the lows stay on and the highs are added.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The low beams are 55W each and the high beams are 60W each, not much difference. When you are running low beams and pull the yellow button, the lows stay on and the highs are added.
Thanks greywolf, my mind is thinking how my car operates. I thought when the lowbeams were on and you flipped the highbeams on ( with either the yellow switch or the normal switch ) BOTH sets of lights came on, like four elements. I never really looked!!! Well, that explains it greywolf. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Heavy, you are a sick man. But if you were to post some pics of your lovely wife ............................................ !! ;);););)

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my curiosity, what voltmeter do you have ?
Randyo, I'm away from home at the moment, when I return in two adys I'll give you that info.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts