StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my 1000 up today to get the oil warm to do a oil change, all was well. After the oil change I went to start the bike, turned the key the tach and speedo did there sweep, pushed cthe starter button and there was a just a click. Tried the start-up again, same thing just a click. Tried again and now the tach and speedo do nothing. Battery has a full charge, and clock is still working. I tested the battery with testers and it shows fine, then I turned the key to the on position and tested the battery again and it shows nothing, key off battery shows full chage. If anyone has any input on this issue it would be greatly welcomed, .............Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
A battery test without a load is not valid. It needs to be load tested. Getting a click means a low/bad battery or a poor battery cable connection. In case the click was something besides the starter relay, check the clutch lever switch for a disconnected wire.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would a disconnected wire on the clutch lever switch cause nothing to happen on the instrument panel when the key is turned to the on position?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The clutch switch only prevents cranking. Check the main 30A fuse. If it is okay and the battery cable ends are all clean and tight, get the battery load tested.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Just charge the battery

If it starts fine

then wait 3 days and see if she still starts then its OK

If its dead get a battery.

FYI I now believe that a quality battery is an esential part of a healthy charge /electrical system. A sh*t battery will draw current continuously

1 - 6 of 6 Posts