StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not, nor will, I have a Paypal account.

I will be happy to be a premium member but will never use paypal

Please invent or PM me where I could send you a check

Maybe I am a grumpy paranoid but I am not alone.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greywolf for your depth of knowledge

That post is 5 years old, are we sure

Vertiscope

is still the right place.... user name does not ring a bell

Buehler, buehler

·
38,047 Posts
The original post was five years old. Notice it was last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2010, after Verticalscope, not Vertiscope, bought the site from Brendan.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I also will NOT use paypal. I had 5 fairly serious breaches of personel info when using them. 3 of them caused me to cancel credit cards and put some sort of extra protection on accounts that were compromised by them. One of them, they gave the perp (who I never had any contact with, or new, or did business with) my credit card #, and they charged $1000's on it before I caught it. And now Paypal has tired to put "unable to collect" notices on my credit! NO PAYPAL!

·
38,047 Posts
I won't use PayPal either. I sent a check to the address in my link and that worked fine. Be sure to include your screen name in the cover letter.

·
38,047 Posts
That's it. It's prominently displayed in the link in my post #2.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Uh the thing that really stands in the way for me upgrading my membership is the little RED * (that states this will automatically renew)... Thanks but no thanks once you throw your hat (paypal account) into the ring........ how much time & money will be spent getting the horse pulled back in. If they want my money this needs to be removed. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm also one who will never have a paypal acct--or any other comparable payable acct. I just recieved one of Yann's skidplates--just sent a personal check. Took a couple of extra days but I don't have to worry about paypal having any access to my personal info or credit cards. Stuck in the dinosaur age and happy with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Verticalscope

My bank account, the source of a paypal payout shows two debits of 20.00 for the same service from Verticalscope. I had to google this as I had no clue who this is. I had received an email from Stromtroupers forum that my subscription was expiring and I needed to pay or be shut out. I authorized payment of $20.00 for premium to this site, but I guess the next day they also put an automatic one through. I think they need to be more diligent on how they bill and should have identified who they are. I am also not happy with automatic billing.

crwade

·
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
If you do prefer to pay online, you are better protected (Federal Law) if you only use a credit card. When using debit cards/electronic transactions against your bank account you are usually only protected by bank policy. It is debatable whether or not you are safer with a paper check floating around in the US Mail. And you can get a credit card with a 1-3% rebate.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Hey, I didn't realize Verticalscope is in T.O.

Google the address. The croissant place in the building makes for a good lunch, and street view shows two short lines of bikes parked along Peter Street; one in front of the Jerk Pit - island spicy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pay without PAYPAL

I do not, nor will, I have a Paypal account.

I will be happy to be a premium member but will never use paypal

Please invent or PM me where I could send you a check

Maybe I am a grumpy paranoid but I am not alone.
Many people don't like use PAYPAL as it's high handling fee, me too. There are many other ways of payment such as banktransfer or westunion ,they are all good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts