StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be the N.E.V.A Rally but it would be great if it could grow to that.

For now we can call it Midwest StromTrooper Rally.

MOHooligan started this idea and I hope it catches on.

DATE: October 12th 2019

Join other V-Strom owners on a 200 plus mile ride through the Ozark Scenic Byways and Mark Twain National Forest. The ride will make plenty of stops at local landmarks and points of interest.

Pre-ride breakfast will be at the Leadington Huddle House next to the launch site at 7 AM.

8:00 AM Ride sign up/ meet and greet

9:00 kickstands up

Lodging will be available at in Farmington Missouri just a few miles from the launch site.

Camping Available at St. Joe State Park
RV and camper hook ups. Go through the Missouri State Park website for booking

stay tuned for more details and please help spread the word.

Find us on Face Book. I can't post a link yet so search for MO STROMTROOPERS

·
Super Moderator
16,862 Posts
A rally is multiple days with a central point of gathering before and after rides, at this point I have to assume this is just a get together to ride for a day?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This sounds promising, and what with Brian coming in all the way from Ohio, you can be sure that BumbleV and I can make the trip from Peoria! All we need now are some Canadians!!

·
Super Moderator
16,862 Posts
This sounds promising, and what with Brian coming in all the way from Ohio, you can be sure that BumbleV and I can make the trip from Peoria! All we need now are some Canadians!!
I won't be coming in from Ohio for a gathering like this, but I am sure it will be a good time for the attendees. :smile2:

·
Registered
431 Posts
When I read mid west, I put it into plan your route to see how far away it was. Would be riding for 4 8hr days to get there.(3,335km) Oh my! Seems anything 10 feet outside of Washington DC is the west ha ha. That said I hope this works out and grows. Looks like some lovely country down there to explore. Post up some pics to let people know what they are missing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would love to ride withyou some locals. Any dirt down there? I'm free to ride Friday thru Sunday!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A rally is multiple days with a central point of gathering before and after rides, at this point I have to assume this is just a get together to ride for a day?
There will be some of us there multiple days so I guess WE CAN CALL IT A RALLY!:wink2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I read mid west, I put it into plan your route to see how far away it was. Would be riding for 4 8hr days to get there.(3,335km) Oh my! Seems anything 10 feet outside of Washington DC is the west ha ha. That said I hope this works out and grows. Looks like some lovely country down there to explore. Post up some pics to let people know what they are missing.
I understand what you'r saying. I don't know why we are the mid west, I think we are central US or central states.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
"I don't know why we are the mid west"

Well, you be West of East but not quite all the way West, like the pacific coast. So Mid West is not a bad description. Not a bad place for a rally from what I've see of it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ride report

Not knowing the interest and potential turn out, I opted to start the event off with one day of riding leaving Friday and Sunday for commuting to and from.
We started the day off in the low 30s which seemed to only attract the bravest of riders. We pushed the DLs and riders past multiple comfort zones but, everyone made it out with no issues.

With some fine tweaking of the event, I am sure it will grow into a full weekend ordeal. Here are just some shots my support vehicle got. Not knowing the skill levels I opted to have minor repair ability on site just in case.

I hope to see some more feed back from attendees.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Have you set the date for next years "MWSTR20"? If so post it so people can mark their riding calendar.

Plus recruit some frequent posters to promote your event so more people see it.

Whilst we are on the subject: NEVA20; The first weekend in August of 2020 will take place from July 31-August 2 2020. It will be the 10th Anniversary of NEVA. Stay tuned for details! https://www.stromtrooper.com/5425379-post167.html

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
I started NEVAs because at the time I was surprised how many Strommers NEVER rode on any dirt of any kind

I guaranteed a ride where there would be "DIRT ROADS" driven on by cars/trucks every day
The route was PRE RODE within 2 weeks

I used my local (Vermont) knowledge to take the attendees to places they probably would never have found

I was talked into having a camping weekend which was the smart thing

Food plans were set sometimes at the campsite sometimes at a local decent restaurant that could handle a group

BY the 3rd NEVA we were all very good friends that looked forward to seeing each other every year. I am fine now but had to back away due to eye problems but others kept it open. My only criticism was there was more promotion back then

1 - 20 of 20 Posts