StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
That's what I have. 2 years later the bike's still upright...feel free to pay more.

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's the one I have. I had to file the bolt holes a bit to get it to fit, but it's solid. As Jimm says, feel free to pay more.:fineprint:

·
Registered
370 Posts
From what I understand, the Vstroma stand (reading though the threads) closely resembles the OEM stand, just not as "beefey" I guess. The sw-motech (I use this one) has a smaller footprint (not as wide) as the vstroma or OEM.

I personally picked the sw-motech because I'm on the road 90% of the time, and like the lean clearance a little more rather then stability offered if I needed to use the center stand on unlevel ground.

I also believe (but don't care again) that vstroma has a little more ground clearance then sw-motech.

Do a search on the threads, there's numerous conversations on this subject (both plus and minus on both stands) that will help you decide what is best for you, because in the end it only matters what makes you happy.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Vstroma center stand

Just got done putting one on my Wee. Bike is very stable on the stand, easy to get up onto the stand and off it too.

Overall pretty impressed, kit was very well packaged, instructions good. I did too have to resize a couple holes, just oversize drilled them the next size (1/64") bigger, much easier than filing.

Other than putting the springs on, pain in the butt on any stand, it was a good investment, I'm happy.

Btw, if you buy the fender extender along with the stand the shipping is free. ( $150 min. order for free shipping), makes the fender extender almost free.

Bill H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts