StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my current jaded condition and continual general angst against the entire industry that services cars and other motorized devices has led me to attempt a fully self-sufficient level of home service.

In this pursuit, I realized that my precious 2007 Strom is, unlike my 2005 SV650, impossible to fully service without a Suzuki brand connector and Compact Disk.

I found the part number and where I might be able to order such a device for 600-700 smackeroos. And I'm thinking about doing such.

I'm curious if there are other central Florida fellows interested in joining my quest and helping offset my costs somewhat by using my new hardware/software to do their own service as well for a donation.

Let's keep our money and do our own crappy service instead of paying them to abuse our motorcycles in back rooms where we can't even see what sort of attrocities they are making our bikes submit to.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I tried ordering to see what the process was like because I knew there was a catch. A couple of days later, I got a call requesting my shop's name and license number. The SDS materials are only sold to dealers and licensed repair facilities. Maybe you'll get a supplier that skips that step. Good luck getting that stuff.

·
Registered
654 Posts
there is a switch you can buy that hooks to that connection some suzuki that lets you see the codes. Of you cna just jump the 2 wires. There was a thread or 2 on that in here you can find. Beside that not sure what you need the software before unless you want to remap the thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a treat. The main reason was to balance the throttle bodies. I thought you could only do the TPS with the dash, are you telling me that you can also do the balance.

I used to do the SV with my manometer but the Shop manual for the 2007 V says you have to have the computer. So that's wrong if I can jump a couple of wires ehhhhh?:beatnik:

·
Registered
22,198 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
yup, my mechanic loves the new method, he plugs his dongle into the dealer test plug then uses the instrument panel to balance, same as TPS
Has anybody got details on this procedure?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I think I've seen mullet connectors stuck on the backs of cars.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
231 Posts
More to SDS than dealer codes

If the intent of the posts in the thread is to say that jumping the dealer mode plug does everything for you that having the Suzuki Diagnostic System (SDS) does--well, that's just not true.

It's correct that you can read diagnostic codes and set the throttle position sensor by jumping the dealer mode plug.

However, to be sure you've set the idle speed control (ISC) valve to the correct position for doing a throttle valve synchronization, you need the SDS.

Some of us have tried a DIY throttle valve synch without SDS (see http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36824), but it's doubtful that we were able to completely reproduce the conditions that the SDS enforces during the synch.

·
Registered
22,198 Posts
Here you go. Jumping the dealer connection will allow you to align the TPS and will also show any codes the ECU has. All you need is a mullet connector (shown in photo)

http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=13035
from what I understand it wouldn't be the same as doing the tps, I'm not sure the exact proceedure, my mechanic expained it to me and said there is a way without the dongle to input codes to set the display up for balancing

btw, the orange and white wire is what Suzuki NA Tech support told me (thru my dealer) to connect my auxillary power relay trigger wire for switched power

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22,198 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
from what I understand it wouldn't be the same as doing the tps, I'm not sure the exact proceedure, my mechanic expained it to me and said there is a way without the dongle to input codes to set the display up for balancing
:confused: When you say balancing Randy do you the Throttle Bodies? There's a different proceedure for doing that than checking/setting the TPS.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So does anyone have a good answer???

Can you balance the throttle bodies on the Wee, Post 2007, Using the dongle or is the Suzuki computer necessary?

Love,

GuidoCat

M

·
0 Posts
Somebody posted a thread where they indicated that they had indeed synch'd the TB's on a post 06 650. Search the 650 forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts