StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Important Note: We are out of stock of our crash bar systems for the DL650/DL1000 and have made the decision discontinue the current versions. We will continue to provide other quality products for the V-Strom and hope to add more V-Strom accessories in the coming months. We will make additional information available here and on Stromtrooper.com as it becomes available. We appreciate your support and apologize for any inconvenience."

V-Strom Crash Bars

That's really too bad, since it seemed that everyone really liked the product for its design and value.:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
It doesn't seem to me like they are closing the door completely.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can only be hopeful that they're developing a new design. Their statement seems to leave the door open to that. Would love to hear more if anyone gets any new info.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
They are probably just redesigning them and will release them once they have a version that will fit the 2012. Why go through the expense of manufacturing another round when they need to redesign for the 2012 anyway.
They fit fine on the '12 Wee. Mine was the first set they shipped for that bike. They also look a whole lot better than they did on the earlier Vstrom.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
They fit fine on the '12 Wee. Mine was the first set they shipped for that bike. They also look a whole lot better than they did on the earlier Vstrom.

Well then....same comment minus the stuff about the 2012 verison. They may just be redesigning them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can only be hopeful that they're developing a new design. Their statement seems to leave the door open to that. Would love to hear more if anyone gets any new info.
If they were mid redesign, you would think the statement would have been more definitive in that regard.

At best, it seems that he is undecided about offering a bar/bash plate product and is re-assessing entirely.

Hopefully at some point, he'll make a post here offering some further insight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dang, I'm in the market and those were my first choice. Love the fact that it's a fully integrated system. I may give them a call sometime and try to get the scoop!

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Dang, I'm in the market and those were my first choice. Love the fact that it's a fully integrated system. I may give them a call sometime and try to get the scoop!
Send a PM to Gary, he checks in here.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm glad I got my set before they ran out. But I'm sure he has good reasons for discontinuing them. :yesnod:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Was hoping to order a set next month. Sure hope we hear that he's changed his mind or comes out with a "new and improved" version.

·
Registered
556 Posts
So what's the best alternative for bars/skid plate combo? (Highway pegs would be nice, too!)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Well, I sent PWD a pleading email. This is the response I received:
"I really appreciate your interest in our DL1000 crash bar system. *We have many loyal customers and it was a tough decision to discontinue them. *We have always tried to keep costs down and make them affordable--but that was becoming increasingly difficult. *Our production costs have continued to rise, while DL1000 sales have declined sharply. *Last year It appeared that Suzuki was going to discontinue the DL1000 so we didn't produce as many as we normally would. *We felt like with a declining and uncertain market for the DL1000 combined with increasing production costs, it was time sell our remaining inventory and stop production when we ran out. *To everyone's surprise, Suzuki resurrected the DL1000 for 2012 and we ended up selling out of crash bars a lot quicker than we expected! *I considered doing another limited production run, but we are already well into the season and by the time I get sets ready to ship, the season will be mostly gone. *Sadly the DL1000 crash bars are gone for good. :-(

Thanks again for your support. *Enjoy the riding season and please ride safe!"

·
Registered
66 Posts
I must be / may be the only person who ever had problems with the pat walsh design.
I ride fairly agressively and the pat walsh that I had on my bike dragged the pavement very soon after the pegs did. I removed them a couple of years ago as I was afraid that it would put me down.

The protection they gave to the bike was great, it is just that I use all of the lean angle and touched the pavement with the pat walsh on several occasions and decided it did not fit my riding style.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts