StromTrooper banner

no more Barcalounger

1838 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Gorby
The P.O. had installed handlebar risers - the risers brought the grips up and back - forcing me to sit upright - it felt like I was riding a Barcalounger.

So the risers were removed this morning, and after a local test ride the Wee feels more like a sport bike to me. :thumbup:

Also - the front brake line now has the proper (stock) amount flex length, as do the throttle cables and clutch cable.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
i have one up risers, but mostly due to my desired arm "tension". on a side note, i love the teeth chupa!

· Registered
93 Posts
I lowered mine with an atv low rise and love it but i am used to sport bikes.
These bars are way higher than a sportbike or anything close though.
Still love em, all day comfort for me and no weird sweep back.

Everyone has a different liking on the strom.

· Registered
392 Posts
strain

Don't lean on your arms/wrists, flex your arms and that pain goes away. Also good for your abs. Doing that you're throwing away an awful lot of feel on the bars, the Strom's got a nice light front end feel, but not if your arms are locked.

Bill H.

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
put em in a box for now

So whatcha doin' with the removed risers?

most likely I would let thenm fo rfor shipping plus a reasonable price seing as how they are "used"

I want to put on 100 miles befre selling them or tossing them

as an older gent (59) in a smaller house than my youth, I am no longer keeping all the crap that I used to

· Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its relative and subjective

My other ride is pretty sporty and I can't see how the Strom feels anything close to a sport bike's ergos :confused:
- its relative and subjective - like much of life

· Registered
275 Posts
- its relative and subjective - like much of life
how is something measurable subjective? Seat to peg to hand grip location are all somewhat similar on a sportbike and located as such for its intended purpose. I don't care if you're 6'5" or 5'2" relative to the ergos........ there's no way the strom "feels more like a sportbike."

· Registered
68 Posts
how is something measurable subjective? Seat to peg to hand grip location are all somewhat similar on a sportbike and located as such for its intended purpose. I don't care if you're 6'5" or 5'2" relative to the ergos........ there's no way the strom "feels more like a sportbike."

The words "relative" and "feels like" make you debating the OP's subjective experience pointless. It feels more like a sportbike to him. Why do you care what he thinks about his bike?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.