StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have finally decided to move from the 09 Wee Adventure to the new 1000 V, and got the blessing from the wife. So off I go to take a look at one up close. Guess what, can't find a single one in the PacNW. No 2014,2015, 2016, etc. Nothing. I refuse to put money down on something I have not seen in person, and the dealers won't order one without money down. What's a guy to do?

Anyone in Oregon riding a new DL1000? I would love to meet up and take a look at yours.:frown2:

·
Registered
611 Posts
So I have finally decided to move from the 09 Wee Adventure to the new 1000 V, and got the blessing from the wife. So off I go to take a look at one up close. Guess what, can't find a single one in the PacNW. No 2014,2015, 2016, etc. Nothing. I refuse to put money down on something I have not seen in person, and the dealers won't order one without money down. What's a guy to do?

Anyone in Oregon riding a new DL1000? I would love to meet up and take a look at yours.:frown2:
I have a 2015 ADV model in Monmouth.
Disclaimer: I got it really dirty today...you are welcome to see it and take it for a spin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2015 ADV model in Monmouth.
Disclaimer: I got it really dirty today...you are welcome to see it and take it for a spin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I may take you up on that. I am in Cottage Grove so you aren't that far away. I'll touch base with you within the next week or so if that is okay. I will try to pm you my info.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Too bad we're so far apart. I'd let a fellow Coastie ride mine. I'm in N.Georgia.

Attachments

Reactions: Coastie

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad we're so far apart. I'd let a fellow Coastie ride mine. I'm in N.Georgia.
SEMPER PARATUS my brother. And Happy Veterans Day (a little early). Thanks for your service. Mine was a great 20 years of adventure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found one for you at Lanphere's Beaverton Motorcycles about 120 miles north of you.
It's a 2016 V-1000 Adv for $13k, bought my 2014 V-1000 (non-ADV) there a little over a year ago.
I have no affiliation with them other than I appreciate their dealership and have bought my last 2 bikes there.
I'd meet you halfway to see/ride mine but I'm battling a bit of vertigo and won't ride until I'm back to 100+%.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Found one for you at Lanphere's Beaverton Motorcycles about 120 miles north of you.
It's a 2016 V-1000 Adv for $13k, bought my 2014 V-1000 (non-ADV) there a little over a year ago.
I have no affiliation with them other than I appreciate their dealership and have bought my last 2 bikes there.
I'd meet you halfway to see/ride mine but I'm battling a bit of vertigo and won't ride until I'm back to 100+%.
Best of luck!
I saw that one,, but when I called them they said "sold it yesterday". They say that they will have another one next week. They are supposed to call me. We shall see.

2thDr offered his up for a test ride. He much closer than Beaverton, so I am probably going to take him up on his offer. Thanks mrT350. Hope you get well soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple of us are taking a ride on Tuesday out to Florence then maybe up to Waldport. You are welcome to join us 2thDr. I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is too full. Let me know if you are interested in riding out with us.

·
Registered
611 Posts
A couple of us are taking a ride on Tuesday out to Florence then maybe up to Waldport. You are welcome to join us 2thDr. I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is too full. Let me know if you are interested in riding out with us.
Hey I got your invite and replied...don't know about my inbox, but I'll check into it. Anyway I work M-Thu, so can't, but thanks. Sending another PM.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
There is a '14 V2 with 900 miles on it on craigslist in Redding CA. Comes with nice panniers. Price is $7500.
I went from and 04 Wee to a V2 and am loving it. Good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a '14 V2 with 900 miles on it on craigslist in Redding CA. Comes with nice panniers. Price is $7500.
Great lead Vaseface. Thanks. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just contacted the owner. The bike sold this past weekend. CRAP. The hunt continues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wished we were closer cause up here in Alberta Canada there are quite a few dealers with 2014-2016 models they are still trying to sell from 10-14k Canadian or in real money 7500 - 10000 us dollars. Used 2014s with low miles would be about 6500 us dollars and a few of them listed as well

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Wished we were closer cause up here in Alberta Canada there are quite a few dealers with 2014-2016 models they are still trying to sell from 10-14k Canadian or in real money 7500 - 10000 us dollars. Used 2014s with low miles would be about 6500 us dollars and a few of them listed as well
I t is probably too cold up there to buy and ride it out. Are there any changes needed to register it in US of A?

Once I bought a bike and rode it home 600mi in mid-December.. never again.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
If you're willing to travel a bit, there is one at Enumclaw Suzuki, powersports, whatever they call themselves these days. It's a 2014 with 0 miles.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a line on a pre-owned 2014 Adv model. Added to the bike is a Suzuki center stand, heated grips, top box, and mirror extenders. 2500 miles on it. Can be mine for $9,000. Sounds like a good deal for a lightly used Adventure model. I realize that I need to ask the dealer if the 2014 recalls have been addressed.

Opinions?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I took my 2012 Wee Adv for a full day ride along the Oregon Coast today. I was constantly reminded why I have had this bike for the past 4 years and still smile when I ride it. I also asked myself why I was entertaining trading it in on another bike. The answer was always the same.....I could not identify why I wanted to move away from the Wee. So..............Wee stays. Someday when I have enough space for two bikes I will add a 1000 to the family, but until then I will just keep smiling and add more farkles to the Wee.

Thank you everyone for helping me with my search, but the search is now over. ONWARD.

Now I gotta find out if spoked rims can be added to my 2012 Wee, and maybe a beak (yes I said it....a beak).

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Now I gotta find out if spoked rims can be added to my 2012 Wee, and maybe a beak (yes I said it....a beak).
2017 XT trade in will get you those. Personally I want spoked wheels but decided to put it off until the cast rims are damaged and need replacement.

And no my Wee will not be traded for Vee. While there had been a few times I could use more power, range is more important for me. I am fine as long as tranny is smooth for double down shifts, but needing to gas up once in 3 days is more important.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2017 XT trade in will get you those. Personally I want spoked wheels but decided to put it off until the cast rims are damaged and need replacement.

And no my Wee will not be traded for Vee. While there had been a few times I could use more power, range is more important for me. I am fine as long as tranny is smooth for double down shifts, but needing to gas up once in 3 days is more important.
The 2017 XT Wee would be interesting, and it sure looks nice. But since I own my current Wee I think I will just stay there. The cost of laced wheels on the Wee is just too high right now so I will continue on with the cast, until and if they damaged. Then ONWARD. The beak? still kicking that one around. But on the list of will do: Denali lights and some suitable dual sport tires. ONWARD.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts