StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 vstrom 650 and for a while now intermittently i loose my headlights i read about the eastern beaver relay kit but im unsure as to what to buy there are so many options any one care to shed some light on my situation.im taking it to the dealer first because i have a extended warranty. Maybe theyll give me another new switch as they just replaced the old one because the bike would randomly shut off and the switch fixed it but now no headlights

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The different options from eastern beaver involve the ability to turn off one or both headlights with a switch.

Another option is whether to connect to the battery with ring terminals plus a fuse holder, a fuse block with plain wire ends, or terminals for their 3 circuit fuse connector.

If you just want to keep your headlights working and do not have a fuse block, get VStrom with the fuse holder for connection to the battery.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
i lose my headlights i read about the eastern beaver relay kit
The relay is triggered by the original headlight power wire. If something is interrupting that, it'll interrupt the relay the same way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I have the same problem, I loose headlights with no reason.

At the beginning I thought it was a battery issue, due to no voltage in bulb terminals but it doesnt. I checked the whole wiring system with a meter from bulb sockets to one of the fuse terminals searching for some broken wire but nothing, It has 0 ohms resistance. then I checked from the other fuse terminal to ground (Turning the switch ON obviously) and supposedly it should read some voltage, doesnt it? And nothing.
Fuses are Ok, Bulbs are Ok, Wiring are Ok, wth??
Is there any relay or electronic part that plays a role in the electrical system that I had not checked? Any clue?
I dont believe that the starter switch is the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts