StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 650 which due to other commitments has been in storage for 2 years and has only 3,200km on the clock. I would like to add an aftermarket slip on exhaust but don't want to cut any stock pipe. Does any manufacturer make one yet? A few years ago there was nobody and I'm hoping that with all the bikes out there now somebody has come up with what I need. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an Akrapovic, it was expensive but is beautifully made. The fit was perfect. Deep, rich tone, light weight. I'm sure there are still some around, but they won't be cheap.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
i removed my endcap, drilled five 3/8" holes and put the endcap back on. Not a performance difference, and still heavy, but it sounds like a ktm now...pretty sweet. With the endcap on , I'm thinking i dont need any map changes. Although i do want a PwrCommdr someday anyways.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What do they cost?
Where did you get yours?
Did you loose miles per gallon?
It cost about $850, stainless pipes and carbon fiber silencer. It was ordered thru a local independent motorcycle shop who I try to support whenever possible. Only the original head pipes are retained. The weight saved is significant.
MPG?
Never really checked.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
It cost about $850, stainless pipes and carbon fiber silencer. It was ordered thru a local independent motorcycle shop who I try to support whenever possible. Only the original head pipes are retained. The weight saved is significant.
MPG?
Never really checked.
Thanks, I'll check with some of our local shops

1 - 10 of 10 Posts