StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to change my coolant on a K6 Vee and cannot find two drain bolts on the fuel pump as pictured in the repair manual. I can only find an air bleed hole at the top of the pump. If I loosen and drain fluid from there, am I getting it all out or should I take off the drain hose as well? Do most of you flush the radiator with distilled water? If so, how can I be assured to get all the water out, since water and my pre-mix don't mix?

Also, where is the thermostat so I can tap it after filling back up with coolant? Any other suggestions? My dealer wants $150. to do the change, BTW. Is that reasonable?

Thanks.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
That's wild. The boss on the water pump was never drilled and tapped for a drain plug. Have your dealer check with Suzuki about that. Something like that should not have a limited warranty period.

See the fiche diagram at 2006 Suzuki V-Strom (DL1000) RADIATOR HOSE | MRCycles
The thermostat housing is #19. It's between the cylinders. I've never flushed the cooling system. Draining is all it needs if the drained coolant looks okay.

·
Super Moderator
16,860 Posts
My 06 is the same way Pat, the top is the air bleed and the bottom lower right is the drain. Mine drained and burped just fine, no air in system at all "burped easily" and not a single issue was had doing anything.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
That's different from the manual. But the manual sure isn't the be all and end all of things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts