StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Only carbureted engines have chokes. Your bike has fuel injection. Sensors combine various temperature and air pressure inputs providing information to the computer that allows it to program the proper amount of fuel for all conditions.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The fuel injection system alters the fuel mixture as required. There is no manual choke.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yes no high idle from my bike ever not even a little
seems odd to me

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
OP - don't be opening the throttle either .just punch the start button.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2004 Kawasaki 1600 Mean Streak was FI and had a manual "choke" pull leaver for cold weather starting. They do exist on FI bikes. The Strom just doesn't have it.

·
38,103 Posts
That's an old style low tech FI that needs a manual assist.

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
Pat doesn't mention the age of the bike . Old ones like mine have an idle adjustment but later ones may not. It's like your new cars, it's all worked out for you.

·
Registered
22,323 Posts

·
38,103 Posts
That's because of excess fuel vapor in the intakes from evaporation when parked though, not because of the FI system.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My vote is with Pat; my garage is around 60 deg F, yet starts instantly and runs idles just fine when rolled out into 40's F. Too chickenshit to ride when it's colder, so cannot say all would be fine under colder conditions.

Mark

·
Registered
22,323 Posts
My vote is with Pat; my garage is around 60 deg F, yet starts instantly and runs idles just fine when rolled out into 40's F. Too chickenshit to ride when it's colder, so cannot say all would be fine under colder conditions.

takes a 40-50° differential from 60 to 20 or less, starts great, just won't idle without a little throttle

Mark

mine runs fine at 40° as well

takes a 40-50° differential from 60 to 20 or less, starts great, just won't idle without a little throttle for the first 30 seconds or more the colder it is

I don't buy the fuel vapor theory

water temp sensor makes the ECU think the engine has already warmed up enuf to idle without a rich mixture, if left out in cold, where there is no differential in temp, the FI works as expected

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Mine never runs a "Hi Idle " same friggin 1100rpm lope all the Damm time.. asked dealer to adjust it to 1300rpm....Nope..
I guess this can only be done thru the ECU?

·
38,103 Posts
The ECM regulates the idle speed. It can be reset to the default if an adjustment, to the TPS for example, changes it. It really can't be set to a particular value though.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Since new ECU has been installed on my bike, there are some higher revs for first 10-15 seconds, then revs start to go down. New ECU since October last year, so still too early to say how those revs are going to behave in extremely hot weather.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree with RANDYO.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts