StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't happend very often but it happend again today. While ridding it just turned off. I mean no big deal I just clutch and restart on the go, but this shouldn't happend isn't?

I notice that is more likely to happend when I have 1 or 2 bars left of petrol, and also I notice that is after accelerating and coming to a full stop like traffic lights. the RPM drop bellow 1K and sometimes it just turns off.

I the old days I would just play with the throttle cable to increase RPM in idle, but with the fuel injected bulletproof machine I don't know what to do :headbang: !!!

I have to admit that last year I put DIESEL :green_lol: in the bike and had to get it cleaned from the inside so my concern is if the fuel pump or the hoses are a bit stuff after the most stupid thing I've ever done. (for my defence I have to say that the petrol station swap the pumps around when it happend)

Thanks in advanced to any ideas and never .... never put diesel. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also...

What made me feel better is that the owner of the petrol station apologise because I wasn't the first one to did that after he swap the pumps (I guess a couple of L platters)

I was going to say that this happend more often in cold mornings, but today it happend after 30 minutes ridding in a very nice warm day.

remember .... never put diesel :green_lol: Hope my story helps any other fellow trooper to never make the same mistake

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is an '08 V, and I can adjust the idle while sitting on the bike with the little screw on the side of the bike.

Maybe different versions where I live (UK).

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Mine is an '08 V, and I can adjust the idle while sitting on the bike with the little screw on the side of the bike.

Maybe different versions where I live (UK).
All Vees and '04-'06 Wees have idle speed adjustment screws. '07 and later Wees have stricter emissions controls. The idle speed is controlled electronically and not user adjustable.

·
Super Moderator
4,602 Posts
I had the same problem with my K7 Wee although fuel level didn't seem to be associated (not that I checked). It would stop on deceleration. A bugger at night on a dark road.

Greywolf pointed me towards the TPS. I didn't have one at the time but I swapped the primary with the secondary and it hasn't failed since. I must get around to fitting the new one......

I couldn't get the revised TPS in Oz - Suzuki still sell the old part no. I bought the new part in the USA.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Had this happen for the first time ever yesterday...75 miles from home. Suspect the battery. New one on order. Will report later.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
It's still under warranty isn't it? Why not just take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts