StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to buy Nikwax products in Vancouver, or the lower mainland in general?

I bought some of the wash-in stuff when I was in Washington. It works great, but I can't find it here. Didn't even see any at the bike show.

Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Not sure, but I think I'd start with places like 3 Vets, MEC, and Tiaga Works. I'd think one of those places would carry it fo' sho'.

Yup, MEC carries some of their stuff http://www.mec.ca/Search/search.jsp damn, link won't take you directly to the page, just type in Nikwax

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Try here

Anyone know where to buy Nikwax products in Vancouver, or the lower mainland in general?

I bought some of the wash-in stuff when I was in Washington. It works great, but I can't find it here. Didn't even see any at the bike show.

Anyone know?
Altus Mountain Gear **LTD** 75 West 5th Avenue
Vancouver
BC
V5Y 1H4
(403) 876-6044
Altus Mountain Gear VANCOUVER

137 West Broadway
Vancouver
BC
V5Y 1P4
(604) 876-5255

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

MEC - who'd have thunk it...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought some at Mark work wear world or whatever it is called.
I am a member at MEC ,but you probably still pay less at marks.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark's Workwear House. How convenient.

And here I thought this stuff was hard to find. I will happen to be passing by a Marks today and will have a look-see.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I go to Marks in Langley in search of Nikwax and I wander up and down and all around the store and find nothing.

I ask a girl I find organizing the sock display (she's about 15 years old and working over a sizeable wad of chewing gum), "I'm looking for Nikwax; do you have any in stock?"

"Nikwhat?" she asks before returning her concentration to the wad of gum occupying her left cheek.

"It's for waterproofing garments, kind of like Scotchguard," I explain.

"Garments?" she says.

"Clothes, like raingear," I clarify.

"Ummmmmmm, all our raingear is over there. And some rubber stuff," she says.

So I walk over to the rubber section (where I've already been) and just like the first time I was there, find nothing.

I return to the checkout, where there is another girl working (she looks to be fifteen-and-a-half), and hope that her six extra months of experience will pay off. She's not chewing gum, so I'm hopeful.

I ask the same question I asked the gum chewer and get a blank stare. I explain what Nikwax is and she says she'll ask the manager. So the manager comes over (he's at least old enought to vote) and she asks him do they sell any..."What is it? Nik-something?"

"Nikwax," I repeat. "It's for waterproofing jackets, like raingear. You can wash it into the garment."

"Hmph," he grunts. "Sounds familiar. I think we used to, like, sell it. I don't know what's up with that.... Hmmmm," and he stares up at the ceiling like God is going to aid me on my quest for a bottle of Nikwax.

So I thanked them for their troubles and went on my way.

I'll take my quest to Three Vets next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts