StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i encouraged my odo to glide on by the 11k mark. warmish out there, but fun. nice yummy li'l 6" subway BMT (tuesday special) for $3.50 for lunch. a few beyond 100 mi for the day. not many other riders to be seen. i will need tires in a few minutes, prob'ly.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I got out for a short ride to day too, about 60 miles Mission Viejo to San Juan Cap and out Ortega Highway to the Candy Store and back, to check out the positioning of the new handlebars. I had to move them forward a bit to accommodate my tank bag. Planning on riding the Rim of the World next Thursday and wanted to make sure I have everything dialed in.

The weather was perfect in SJC but a little warm up on the hill.

·
Registered
15,621 Posts
I rarely think of those short, 80 mile, runs up the hill for brekky or a soda worthy of mention.
The longer, 200 miles runs around the mountains or up and down the canyons are just to clear the cobwebs for a a few hours.
Gives the gas tank a chance to have fresher fuel added.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I hear ya. If I had more chances to ride, I'd probably feel the same but even a 60-mile ride for me is special. My planned Rim of the World ride next week will be a rare treat.:smile2:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, gents, that's just me. as i've mentioned, 200-mile days leave me quite weary. a hunnert miler clears up the eyesite, envigorates the bones, and simply puts a smile on my face.

·
Administrator
17,537 Posts
well, gents, that's just me. as i've mentioned, 200-mile days leave me quite weary. a hunnert miler clears up the eyesite, envigorates the bones, and simply puts a smile on my face.
Maybe if your bike was not all stock, you might be more comfortable on it for longer hauls? :fineprint::grin2:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Maybe if your bike was not all stock, you might be more comfortable on it for longer hauls? :fineprint::grin2:

We have the Givi Airflow, Rick's peg lowering kit, Rox bar risers, and RDL saddles so our bikes are very comfortable. But we're still a bit like Steve. After > 200 miles I'm ready for a nap!

It's not physical, just drowsy fatigue and I've never understood it. Not drowsy during the ride, but after stopping. There's a lot of mental processing involved with riding, but I don't feel that drowsy fatigue after cycling for hours in a pace line. What gives?!

Is it something you adapt to after riding longer and longer days? Or do you break thru when you ride 400+ miles and end up refreshed at the end of the day? We're about to find out with a longer trip this fall. Any advice guys?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts