StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I just got back from a great ride that I'd like to recommend for anyone who enjoys twisty roads and great scenery. I live in Danville, KY so thats my starting point. I'm riding my 08 DL1000 outfitted with Nelson-Rigg saddlebags and tail pack. I installed a Sergent seat this spring which I really like along with a Laminar Lip, Tour lip and Madstad windscreen bracket.
There are soo many scenic overlooks and great places to stop on the "day two" section of this ride that I could easily spend a week in this area. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Day one:
Rt. 52 east to Richmond, KY In Richmond I picked up Rt. 421 South and rode it to Boone, NC (327 mi.) I spent the night in Boone.

Day two:
Took Rt. 321 South out of Boone to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Blue Ridge Parkway South through Asheville, NC and on down to Cherokee at the edge of the Smoky Mountain National Park. In Cherokee I picked up Rt. 441 North and rode it up to Sevierville, TN where I spent my second night. (just under 300 mi.)

Day three:
From Sevierville, TN I picked up I 40 West and then I 75 North in Knoxville. I 75 North back to Richmond, KY and them home. (200 mi)

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. I've ridden in most of those parts, love riding the lower end of the Blue Ridge Parkway from Cherokee north.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts