StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willing give a personal tour or travel info for any Vstrom riders ...Karl in Niagara

·
not very quiet
289 Posts
That's a kind offer, Karl. This Travel Registry section is one of the least visited and least posted areas, so it may get overlooked. On the other hand, it will remain on the first page of posts for a long time, so you might get some bites weeks or months down the road. Good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

always willing to help out the vstrom riders.....if I can make their trip to the Falls a little more enjoyable that would be great.:)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Willing give a personal tour or travel info for any Vstrom riders ...Karl in Niagara
Hi there, I gather that is up towrds Toronto which is a definate overnighter with a friend, so I would love to see the falls, do a ride in the area maybe, this would be in a month or so if the timimg fits.

Ceers
TravellingStrom

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Keep in touch!

TravellingStrom,

Last month I explored the eastern part of Arkansas, including Dumas through which you rode on Friday. My travels carried me to Toronto Canada which you mentioned.

Canadians drive on the right side of the road, so you will still have to cope with what feels like the wrong side of the road.

When you know the days you will be in Canada, please visit the Canadian section and introduce yourself to Heavy, V-Tom, and the other Canadian Stromtroopers. They are very cordial, and will welcome you to their rides and perhaps to their homes. Mention my name and they will buy you a beer ... or perhaps shoot you.

If you choose to cross from Detroit Michigan USA to Windsor Ontario Canada, please do not try to use the tunnel, because motorcycles are not allowed there ... I think our noisy engines might disturb the fish in the Detroit River. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Peace Bridge from Buffalo New York to Fort Erie Ontario Canada is more pleasant than Detroit's Ambassador Bridge, and the part of Canada it leads to is more scenic and historic than the bleakness of extreme SW Ontario.

If you want a pleasant highway that runs from Kentucky to Buffalo New York, consider US 62. I have ridden much of that road, and I like it a lot. In Pennsylvania it runs along the Allegheny River, which is busy and turbulent this time of year.

If you have specific questions about roads between your present location and Canada, I may have some pointers, because I cover that ground a lot, and try to take different routes each time.

Best wishes, and welcome "up over"!

Keith

·
Registered
870 Posts
Notice is good so I can set something up. Happy trails.
Well, it is not much notice as I had no idea I was so close until this morning.

I will be in your area Friday 12th June

I am in Lewisburg, PA at this time and riding up in the morning. I was busy the past few days doing the Blue Ridge parky then Skyline Drive, so I am sorry for the lack of notice.

I will send you a pm as well

Cheers
TravellingStrom

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well, no response, so my fault for not giving any notice. It looks like I will be travelling solo, if you read this some time today Karl, you can call me on my cell, I sent you a pm with it.

I am still heading up that way today then Toronto tomorrow.

Cheers
TS

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pm sent

sorry I should check the site more often I was off today....darn..will give you call in the morning....

·
Registered
870 Posts
Well, I did the maid and the wind thing on Saturday while waiting for the damm Bridge to open to get to Canada, it was closed because of clinton.

Today I came back but as I dropped in to see someone in Fort Eiri, I ended up using the Peace bridge, so I did not come through Niagara

Sorry dudes

Heading west now :)

Cheers
TS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts