StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DL 1000. It has been inoperable for the last 3 months because of the defective voltage regulator/rectifier that Suzuki built into it. :furious:
Part number 32800-06G01 is printed among 10 other part numbers on 21 models on the NHTSA recall notice :fineprint: I cannot get this recall honored by Suzuki or by any of the Suzuki dealers in my area (the SF/Bay area), which is not exactly a small market. I cannot even get Suzuki to tell me what the correct part number is, so I can replace the part myself. The reply is always 06G01 WHICH IS ON THE RECALL NOTICE!! :headbang:
Why won't Suzuki fix my bike? I was once quite pleased with it, but this DL will ALREADY have been my last Suzuki purchase. :weapons_47:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
NHTSA doesn't get paid by you. Just sayin'. They have a long history of being unkind to motorcyclists. :headbang:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It is not the part number that was recalled but a build date range, motorcycles manufactured from July 2007 through September 2009 including the DL1000. Check the build date on the frame of your bike. There was one batch of R/Rs built for those bikes where some regulator/rectifier assemblies were produced with insufficient adhesion between the power module (circuit board) and the rectifier case that contains a heat sink to dissipate heat. Due to insufficient adhesion, heat generated on the power module circuit board can cause the circuit board to deform, and lift of the case. If your bike was not in that build date range, it is not part of the recall. If the black potted electronics on your R/R have not separated from the aluminum part, the cause of the recall is not what killed your part. If your bike is in that date range and Suzuki won't honor the recall, call 1-888-327-4236.

32800-06G01 is listed as original equipment on the 2012 DL1000 and the replacement part for 2003-2012 DL1000s. It replaced 32800-06G00 on the 2012 model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts