StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody is using the NGK Iridium Spark plugs? If anyone is using the iridium plugs, would you care to make a comment? I'm wondering if they are worth the added expense or not?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: Fair enough my friend. From what I read on the NGK web site. The plugs are suppose to be already pregapped.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
A1A said:
I was wondering if anybody is using the NGK Iridium Spark plugs? If anyone is using the iridium plugs, would you care to make a comment? I'm wondering if they are worth the added expense or not?
Thanks in advance!

Yes, they are on my DL1k. I have a/b 14k on them--acutally just checked them the other day and they looked good. For me the extra expense is worth it if nothing else then giving me more mileage between changes. Also, I'm almost certain that when they arrived I checked the gap and they were good to go.

Stromette

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stromette,
Cool, 14,000 smiles and still good to go. That sounds pretty impressive to me. Did you notice better engine starting or increased gas mileage compared to the NGK CR8EK stockers? Whoops, your on the litre bike and I'm not sure if the sparkplugs are the same as the wee twin.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
A1A said:
Stromette,
Cool, 14,000 smiles and still good to go. That sounds pretty impressive to me. Did you notice better engine starting or increased gas mileage compared to the NGK CR8EK stockers? Whoops, your on the litre bike and I'm not sure if the sparkplugs are the same as the wee twin.
Cheers!
I replaced them at the same time of doing the intensive 10k mi service (see here: http://stromtrooper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047&highlight=10k+service).

Because so much other work was done it was difficult for me to tell exactly what accounted for the HUGE improvement in how the bike ran. YMMV (Your Motorcycle My Vary).

Stromette

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
See this thread on spark plugs.

A1A
you won't notice better engine starting or increased gas mileage. (BTW both of them are great on stroms.)

You are right that plugs pregapped by the factory. It is about 0.6-0.7 mm (depending on type) but different engines need different gaps, also the same type of plug fits for different engines. So it is not obvious that the factory preset will fit for your bike!
If I was you I would check and reset the gap if needed.

You should have eyes like an eagle, I couldn't judge a gap with just look on it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've checked my plugs a few times, & even at 14k (now), they look fine. I will replace them as preventative maintenence, but they look perfect. They are factory original NGK's. Am I missing something?

ChuckS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts