StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock plugs on the 2015 DL650A are NGK CR8EIA-9. Locally, the only ones I can find are NGK CR8EIA-10. According to NGK the only different is the gap. Stock plugs are 0.9mm whereas the CR8EIA-10 are 1.0mm. That's only a 1/10mm difference in gap, slightly more than a human hair. Would that make a noticeable difference?

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
The stock plugs on the 2015 DL650A are NGK CR8EIA-9. Locally, the only ones I can find are NGK CR8EIA-10. According to NGK the only different is the gap. Stock plugs are 0.9mm whereas the CR8EIA-10 are 1.0mm. That's only a 1/10mm difference in gap, slightly more than a human hair. Would that make a noticeable difference?
There was a post earlier today on gapping Iridium plugs. The answer was do not touch the gap.
And the difference you note is no problem for this type of spark plug.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'd be wary. The book says to check the gap with a wire gauge, spec is .8 to.9mm, (.031-.035"), and if not in spec, replace. Says never adjust gap. 1.0, while seemingly a small difference, is out of spec and could cause problems. Excessive voltage will be required to jump the gap, with possible damage to the coils resulting.

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
I couldn’t find them localy either. Amazon had them in packs of 4 at a much cheaper price than other online retailers in Canada. In the US a 4 pack is 36 bucks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked at clubplug.ca because their prices are usually very good, but they don't have the "9" either, just the "10". I'll check Amazon when the time comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts